CB Bamba
CB Mills
MC King
MC Wellens
MR Danns
ML Routledge (?)
CF Big Money Signing
CF Nugent

Bench: Gallagher, Abe, Waghorn, Dyer, St Ledger, Weale, Vassell.

Still need defensive backup though.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-12940932-detail/story.html

Leicester City are still keen to sign Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

So far, City have had three bids rejected and there were reports yesterday that they had switched their attentions elsewhere.

​Nicky Maynard
.However, the Mercury understands City still retain a very strong interest in the 24-year-old and still wish to sign him.

An offer of £4.75 million remains on the table, although the Robins still insist they are confident Maynard will sign a new contract. He has one year left on his present deal at Ashton Gate.

Although no further bid has been submitted, City are still eager to get Maynard, although City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson said yesterday the club would not do “silly business”.

Although he won’t discuss possible targets, such as Maynard or Wayne Routledge, Eriksson said he expects City to add to their seven new summer recruits so far after Paul Konchesky became the latest player to join.

“I don’t want to comment on rumours,” he said. “We have shown a lot on interest in a lot of players knowing that you can’t sign all of them. It is impossible, money wise it is impossible.

“Some may not want to come and some will want to play in the Premier League. He (Routledge) may or not be one on the list. He is a very good player so we will see.

“I hope there will be more signings, and I think so. The owners have been very good but you can’t just throw away money because we have the target of the Premier League.

“You can’t do silly business. You have to be reasonable. I understand the owners absolutely.”

Eriksson has also revealed he has made contact with Owen Hargreaves about a possible deal to bring him to City.

Eriksson said last week that he would open the door for the former Manchester United and England midfielder if he was interested. He admitted he has made an approach, but said any deal is “on ice”.

Hargreaves has been plagued by knee injuries in the last couple of years and Eriksson wants some assurances of the 30-year-old’s fitness.

“Yes, in one way we have tried to contact him,” said Eriksson. “It is difficult that he wants to come to the Championship and I am not sure he is 100 per cent fit at the moment. So right now it is on ice.”

Hargreaves has also been linked with West Bromwich Albion but manager Roy Hodgson has played down their interest.

“Owen has been in contact with Dan Ashworth (Albion technical director) and I think he wants to meet up with us, but we’ve got to be realistic,” he said.

“We’re talking about a player who hasn’t played for three years. He is a big name player but so is Bobby Charlton!”

One piece of business that now seems unlikely is the signing of South Africa international left-back Tsepo Masilela, who was expected to join City on loan this week.

Masilela has struggled to get a work permit and Eriksson said that, although the deal was not completely over, it was doubtful now Konchesky has signed.

“It was complicated to get the work permit for him,” he said. “He may have got it in the end, but, in the meantime, the deal for Konchesky was done.

“We spoke about it one month ago and we said no. Then it came up again and we thought OK, because we were not sure about Masilela. Then we had to say yes or no to Konchesky and we said yes.

“You never know about Masilela. We have Michael Ball if he comes through and Aleksandar Tunchev, although he has a slight injury at the moment.

“We might need one more. We haven’t closed any doors.”

How many goals did any of our other strikers score in a top division last year whilst playing for a side who were about as good as derby in the perm the other tar ?

No. You're going to have to try me again on that one.

No speculation from me but simply a suggestion.

Adam Le Fondre for me would be a cracking little buy, under £1m I would assume. Looks to be a cracking little poacher from what I've seen.

Good backup I reckon.

The Yak scores for Everton. :icon_bigg

Said to DD last night, if we can't get Maynard...what about Ebanks Blake at Wolves? He's currently third choice, proven goalscorer in the division.

Quite like that one, although nobody responded to my suggestion so poo off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669