Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Homer -I criticised Beckfords performance somebody stated Nugent was as bad as Beckford somebody else asked the question why do people criticise Beckford and not Nugent and your comment was Nugent - good Beckford -bad it's the Alan Young way . I would say racism was hinted at in that statement ? It came across quite strongly when I first read it .

I have a strong feeling you might be on your own with this one Lazzer, only Homer can clarify but as far as I can tell there was not even a slight hint or nod towards what you infer.

Lako - yep goodun

Homer -I criticised Beckfords performance somebody stated Nugent was as bad as Beckford somebody else asked the question why do people criticise Beckford and not Nugent and your comment was Nugent - good Beckford -bad it's the Alan Young way . I would say racism was hinted at in that statement ? It came across quite strongly when I first read it .

Then you read it wrong

I have no idea why Alan Young picks on some players (Beckford, Yakubu) and favours others (Howard, Nugent), but I don't for a minute believe it's a racist thing. Fact is, when Beckford (and previously Yak) plays very well, Young simply criticises him for not doing it all the time - but when Nugent (previously Howard) plays shite there is no criticism at all. It's a similar thing with quite a number of fans, which is the point I was making to Matt and Blaarev's posts. I hadn't even read yours

Racism doesn't come into it - other than in Lako's subsequent mickey-taking

I think it would be a big mistake to offload Beckford. If we can afford him keep him.
There's no doubt he has talent, but if it's true that he was in Huddersfield at midnight last Friday and the plug got pulled, what message does it say to the player.

Did his performance on Saturday reflect his thoughts?
To me, he certainly didn't look like a player whose heart was fully in it.

Shouldn't this be in the Beckford speculatrion thread?

(Just a thought)

There's no doubt he has talent, but if it's true that he was in Huddersfield at midnight last Friday and the plug got pulled, what message does it say to the player.

Did his performance on Saturday reflect his thoughts?
To me, he certainly didn't look like a player whose heart was fully in it.

How do you know that Beckford wasn't one of the architects behind the move?

Jermaine Beckford - OUT
Connor Wickham - IN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673