Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this helped by a number of players jumping in their cars directly after training & bombing up the motorway ?
No, because I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever. Do you think professional football players generally stick around for a bit of ping pong after training? The ones with family are quite keen to get out of there in my experience.
So if our owners or NP will not accept players living any further away than say a 25/30 mile radius, would that then explain some of the departures this summer maybe ?

Yeah, that's brilliant, that clause should be in all contracts negotiated this summer. Why not turn the whole club into a boarding school, where we can have a pillow fights and barbecues every Sunday afternoon? :)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's brilliant, that clause should be in all contracts negotiated this summer. Why not turn the whole club into a boarding school, where we can have a pillow fights and barbecues every Sunday afternoon? :)

Free barbecue set for the winner of the pillow fight?

I'm sure I asked the question somewhere about how soon before the Heskey rumours started but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, it's started ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17985504

EDIT: When I read the link originally it read ... "Heskey Interested In Foxes Return". Looks as though it's been changed now to "Heskey Set To Leave Aston Villa".

Last edited:
I would have thought so: if one has travelled a couple of hundred miles to get to the training ground and face the same journey home: how much does one exert oneself during a training session?

Which "one" lives a couple of hundred miles from Leicester?

I'm sure I asked the question somewhere about how soon before the Heskey rumours started but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, it's started ...

EDIT: When I read the link originally it read ... "Heskey Interested In Foxes Return". Looks as though it's been changed now to "Heskey Set To Leave Aston Villa".

Emile Heskey is likely to marry his fiancée Chantelle Tagoe, once he manages to find himself a new club, Emile said today. "Yes" Emile went on to say "It'll make a change to hear "Mrs Heskey" instead of "Heskey misses"

250 miles across country each way at a rough travelling time of 4-5 hours each way probably twice a week is beyond reasonable IMO.

A long commute can be made more bearable by filling the time with productive stuff like audio tapes and wanking. What at first seems 'unreasonable' to those not used to commuting, can turn into an event that you look forward to and relish. Sometimes it's sad to reach your destination. Especially if you still have some juice left.

Bugger - thought I was first with this and started a new thread! I;m never first

Most definitely worth a shout as long as he's not asking for silly money.

Leicester City are willing to offer defender Kelvin Wilson a rapid return to the Championship in England after an injury-hit season with Celtic.
Full story: Daily Mail

On he beebs rumours page. Ex-Forest centre half/full back.

Although the first line of the article speculates that such a move is not impossible, the last paragraph seems to suggest that it is a long way from likely.

Hence my posting it in here rather than its own speculation thread.

Hence my posting it in here rather than its own speculation thread.

I suppose if the thread had been entitled 'total bollocks' rather than 'totally unfounded', even I might have realised that.

Whilst the thread may not be entitled "total bollocks", the nature of much of its content implies it. Mind you, the same could be said for most of the other threads :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669