Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
a wind-up or soon they will leak more clues about the potential defensive midfielder

Are you assuming its a defensive midfielder due to the DM in Bert's tweet? If so, I believe that actually stands for Direct Message ie ... check your direct messages?

There is a load of stuff going round about Michael Owen today now apparently contemplating offers from Championship sides (perhaps that deluge of massive offers from prem sides never came, eh?) but I don't buy it.

'High profile signing' and 'Nigel Pearson' doesn't fit together. Maybe a loan signing from a big club but otherwise not really his style. Unless the owners are making a signing of course...?

99% a wind up I reckon.

Are you assuming its a defensive midfielder due to the DM in Bert's tweet? If so, I believe that actually stands for Direct Message ie ... check your direct messages?

There is a load of stuff going round about Michael Owen today now apparently contemplating offers from Championship sides (perhaps that deluge of massive offers from prem sides never came, eh?) but I don't buy it.

'High profile signing' and 'Nigel Pearson' doesn't fit together. Maybe a loan signing from a big club but otherwise not really his style. Unless the owners are making a signing of course...?

99% a wind up I reckon.

You can guarantee that the next player we sign will be who they were talking about.

99% a wind up I reckon.

Michael Owen was my first guess. There was a comment about all coming down to the medical.

Didn't Fox Toffee tweet yesterday it was time for a wind up or something similar?

BertLCFC and ToffeeFox seem to be jizzing in their trousers on Twitter over something that's allegedly going on. Top secret of course so they can't talk about it.

*giggle* *giggle* We (pretend to) know a secret and it's not about our fragile egos but we are going to be all cryptic about it on the internets...

wanker.gif

Owen has just tweeted can't wait to join up with my new team mates . So he is On the
Move

So many on this board profess certainty that BertLCFC, ToffeeFox et al are attention seeking morons. It is indeed kind of these people not to just shut up and leave the craving of these sad characters unfulfilled, but to waste post after post making 'clever remarks'; thus ensuring their reward.

I enjoy reading supposition and have an ability to retain a certain scepticism as to the accuracy of their remarks and not to be too upset if they 'know a secret that I don't' but, if you do not, then ignore them.

Nigel told me on Saturday that Beckford trained on Friday after getting over his illness and that he'll feature on Wednesday against Burton.

42 ****ing pages?!?! **** that shit, you're doing it wrong Kingster

Indeed, mine is 2.

Also, would be a shame to see Beckford go, and I have to say would cast further doubts on PEAR SON's man management ability (in my eyes at least).

Still, you don't need the best squad to get the best results I suppose.

Fourth Official suggest we 'needed' to sell. So I guess its more about his wages being unsustainable.

Pissed off if this is true, Beckford would have been the main man this season.

This is a very odd decision if true.

Though not a surprising one. Pearson has methodically been removing the big earners from the books for a while now...Not to mention players he thinks are a bit too big for their own boots.

I rate Beckford, on his day he can be a really good finisher. That said, Pearson trying to move him on is one of the more predictable moves of the summer. I'm surprised Konchesky is still around to be honest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670