Speculation The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2012 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you did say that you will continue to do as you want which would imply someone has told you not to do something or you have taken a post as meaning that.

Back on Beckford though. I do not think anyone is questioning his desire to score goals, I'm sure every striker desires to score 100s of goals but we don't always get what we desire. Furthermore, of his 15 goals, only 9 of these came from 39 league appearances which, when considering the outlay on him, is not a very good return at all.

If he was banging them in like he was at Leeds then he'd be a real fans favourite but saddly that didn't happen and going from what we seen last season, there would have to be a remarkable improvement for him to do so. If we can cut our losses on him and get a decent return, we should be easily be able to pick up another striker to fill the void of 9 league goals as it does not make footballing or business sense to be paying one player a large amount when we do not see that in return.

I'm sure he would score against us if he was to leave and play against us but I really wouldn't be bothered if we were to get rid of him.

Well you did say that you will continue to do as you want which would imply someone has told you not to do something or you have taken a post as meaning that.

Back on Beckford though. I do not think anyone is questioning his desire to score goals, I'm sure every striker desires to score 100s of goals but we don't always get what we desire. Furthermore, of his 15 goals, only 9 of these came from 39 league appearances which, when considering the outlay on him, is not a very good return at all.

If he was banging them in like he was at Leeds then he'd be a real fans favourite but saddly that didn't happen and going from what we seen last season, there would have to be a remarkable improvement for him to do so. If we can cut our losses on him and get a decent return, we should be easily be able to pick up another striker to fill the void of 9 league goals as it does not make footballing or business sense to be paying one player a large amount when we do not see that in return.

I'm sure he would score against us if he was to leave and play against us but I really wouldn't be bothered if we were to get rid of him.

So he's done it at Leeds and now he's in his prime playing years we should get rid?

Why on Earth do we feel the need to just sell players rather than get the best out of them? It's a shambolic attitude that unfortunately sums up the 'now now now' character of many fans. I would rather we put some work into him in order to get this mythical 'return' on what we paid for him, **** knows how £'s convert into goals but I'll let the experts work that out.

It implies nothing of the sort - go back and re-read the posts and see if you can fathom it out.

Wouldn't be sad to see him go. I think he has shown flashes of real quality but with no consistency. I know people will despair when I say this but I think that Waggy is a better long term prospect (for the championship). I await the derision and ridicule! :icon_bigg

Wouldn't be sad to see him go. I think he has shown flashes of real quality but with no consistency. I know people will despair when I say this but I think that Waggy is a better long term prospect (for the championship). I await the derision and ridicule! :icon_bigg

I shan't mock, my mother taught me not to mock the afflicted.

Have you seen Waghorn play recently? In the first 2 preseason games he has been beyond bad (obviously that is my opinion), he's not come close to having a decent shot unless you class 20 yards over the bar as a shot.

I wouldn't belittle the idea of Waghorn, as the better long term bet for the Championship.

The interesting part is that; 'long term in the Championship'. We do seem to be building a decent Championship team, rather than promotion challengers. Does anyone really see us in the promotion race? I do not want to re-open the 'crap old Sven' argument, but we spent a lot of money last season, and this, yet I do not see much real quality in the squad......

I wouldn't belittle the idea of Waghorn, as the better long term bet for the Championship.

The interesting part is that; 'long term in the Championship'. We do seem to be building a decent Championship team, rather than promotion challengers. Does anyone really see us in the promotion race? I do not want to re-open the 'crap old Sven' argument, but we spent a lot of money last season, and this, yet I do not see much real quality in the squad......

We're 'building a decent championship team'? I'd love to know what we've been doing in this league for the best part of a decade now if we haven't had a 'decent' championship team'!

Also, isn't it decent championship teams that generally get promoted? Norwich, Swansea, Blackpool, Southampton, Reading...?

We're 'building a decent championship team'? I'd love to know what we've been doing in this league for the best part of a decade now if we haven't had a 'decent' championship team'!

Also, isn't it decent championship teams that generally get promoted? Norwich, Swansea, Blackpool, Southampton, Reading...?

No, it is the exceptional teams that go up. We seem to be playing, never mind the quality... feel the width. We buy 6 - 10 modest players each season. There is no continuity and no real class brought in. For all the millions that we have spent over the last two or three seasons, are we really any further forward?

No, it is the exceptional teams that go up. We seem to be playing, never mind the quality... feel the width. We buy 6 - 10 modest players each season. There is no continuity and no real class brought in. For all the millions that we have spent over the last two or three seasons, are we really any further forward?

Who spent the vast, vast majority of it?

what quality players we have we seem to want to get rid of.. lets get 11 "hume-like" players thatll keep some happy!

Reading weren't exceptional, neither were West Ham.

I honestly believe we can challenge for play-offs or beyond if we bulk up on the wings. Marshall will be a fine player for us next season but Dyer and Gallagher, on the other hand, are not good enough to start on a weekly basis. A bit more depth in that area and we may see a much brighter outlook.

Elsewhere we look reasonably well-equipped to at least make a challenge for the play-offs. We were far from spectacular last season and could have made them if we hadn't ended the season so poorly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566