The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make sense as a target I suppose.

We really have quite a few issues across our back four.

Konchesky for another year fills me with gloom.

We really have quite a few issues across our back four.

Do we really?

I know this appears to be a common-held belief but despite many people not rating De Laet, almost everyone thinking Konchesky is a liability and the overwhelming verdict on Whitbread being that he is crap, we had an extremely good defensive record last season.

I'd be happy with Berra. As good as Michael Keane was (in my opinion) I'd prefer to get an experienced player in.

Do we really?

I know this appears to be a common-held belief but despite many people not rating De Laet, almost everyone thinking Konchesky is a liability and the overwhelming verdict on Whitbread being that he is crap, we had an extremely good defensive record last season.

I'd be happy with Berra. As good as Michael Keane was (in my opinion) I'd prefer to get an experienced player in.
De Laet, I'll give you, I think he's a pretty good player, and useful going forward. Plus he has got a lot a pace. Konchesky has got a little worse over the last couple of seasons, and I think we rather got away with a lot of bad situations he left us in last season. You cannot question his commitment, but it does worry me if he is going to be our first choice left back next season.

berra has been a big part of one of the worst, most gutless defences in any league for the last few years.

granted he's on a free and we need cover at cb, but i certainly wouldn't be getting excited if he signs.

berra has been a big part of one of the worst, most gutless defences in any league for the last few years.

granted he's on a free and we need cover at cb, but i certainly wouldn't be getting excited if he signs.

Just look at Gareth McCauley, part of an appalling defence that saw us relegated and has gone on to be an important player for an established Prem team.

Not seen much of Berra admittedly, but he would certainly keep up the proud tradition of signing ex-Hearts players.

Wolves are on a complete down wood slope and half the players with any talent haven't shown it for the past 2 years.

The clubs rotten.

Get some nasty splinters off that.

Just look at Gareth McCauley, part of an appalling defence that saw us relegated and has gone on to be an important player for an established Prem team.

Didn't we have the second best defensive record in the league that season? Granted we played most games with a flat back 8 which did help.

Didn't we have the second best defensive record in the league that season? Granted we played most games with a flat back 8 which did help.

We did indeed, behind Palace if memory serves me right. Just goes to show how pitiful we were everywhere else.

I'm not sure why a squad built around the trusted knowledge that you can't have too many right-backs hasn't become the way forward for most teams? It was truly ground-breaking like the invention of the libero, the Pet Rock and putting twat chefs on television to be watched by people who never cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669