The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd sign almost anyone if the deal involved Waghorn going the other way.

Probably wouldn't be on too much more wages than Waghorn. I expect the whole deal relies on Waggy going.

27 goals in 139 games for Wolves. Solid.

Strike record prior to Wolves is a hell of a lot better though.

Was a big fan of his a few years ago but lost his way a bit at Wolves. If we get him and can get him playing pre-Wolves form then we would have an extremely dangerous player at this level.

I'd be happy with this though don't think it is necessarily needed.

Could be completely wrong here but I think Wolves had been using him on the wing a fair bit in recent times, which wouldn't help his strike rate. Hasn't he been linked to Hull a fair bit over the summer with £40k per week wages being an issue for Ull Tigers?

Could be completely wrong here but I think Wolves had been using him on the wing a fair bit in recent times, which wouldn't help his strike rate. Hasn't he been linked to Hull a fair bit over the summer with £40k per week wages being an issue for Ull Tigers?

I had heard that 40K per week figure as being his wages at Wolves too.

Yeah have heard/read similar too.

Percy seems pretty solid with his info though and a lot better than the usual ITK Twitter bollocks so I reckon it could well happen.

Last edited:
Maybe he could be a loan and therefore we pay only XX towards his wages?? Just a thought.

Maybe he could be a loan and therefore we pay only XX towards his wages?? Just a thought.

I'd imagine it would be a loan with both teams still paying what they are at the moment, ie we will contribute however much Waggy is on, just having a different player to try and spice things up.

Either that or he is prepared to taker a >50% pay-cut and Wolves are willing to top up the rest as is suggested we do with players we sell.

I'd imagine it would be a loan with both teams still paying what they are at the moment, ie we will contribute however much Waggy is on, just having a different player to try and spice things up.

Either that or he is prepared to taker a >50% pay-cut and Wolves are willing to top up the rest as is suggested we do with players we sell.

In this instance he may, though I doubt it, be willing to take a pay cut just to play at the higher level. I wouldn't.

Nugent has been prolific for us in the last 30 games! Oh, no hes not... if we can make money on the deal. Doyle has a far higher pedigree of goal getting in prem than nugent...could be a good change up....

nugent has a far better strike rate in international football than kevin doyle. neither is particularly relevant to either at the moment. nugent may not have been prolific in the last 30 games, but doyle hasn't been prolific during the last 2 years.

have seen kevin doyle a fair bit for wolves recently (bro supports them). not only doesn't he score, he doesn't really look like scoring. he looks a shadow of his former self to me, lost a yard of pace, and has been poor for three years. still works hard, and shows some good touches, but there are cheaper options out there surely. doesn't seem like a typical pearson signing either.

Last edited:
Agreed. Now the Thais find themselves financially chastised by FFP, I cannot see them paying anyone new £40k a week, unless they are currently in the Real Madrid first team.

Anyway how are Forest getting away with splashing the cash?
People are flocking there from all over the world, some to take their stadium tour, some just so they can see the grass or stand where Brian Clough once stood. Massive club you see. They won the European Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669