The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2013 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trees have switched their attention to Fryatt apparently. Doing us a favour on 2 counts as far as I can see.

Michael Kightly, according to twitter. Well, interest at least!

Leicester, Burnley & Nottm Forest are all interested in Stoke winger Michael Kightly. #lcfc #clarets #nffc #scfc

Leicester, Burnley & Nottm Forest are all interested in Stoke winger Michael Kightly. #lcfc #clarets #nffc #scfc

On Talksport as well now - with only Leicester mentioned.

Dunno why, but I'd like this one...

I'd definitely take Kightly, especially as since Marshall's departure it has left us very weak and without options for the right wing.

I'd imagine it would be a loan with both teams still paying what they are at the moment, ie we will contribute however much Waggy is on, just having a different player to try and spice things up.

Either that or he is prepared to taker a >50% pay-cut and Wolves are willing to top up the rest as is suggested we do with players we sell.

It'd be Waghorn's wages + a bit more. Good business all round IMO. Doyle's stats will be affected by him playing for a relegation battling side for a good portion of those games, plus injury lay-offs. Similar player to Nugent so if he is on his way out then it would free up some more wages to get Doyle in.

Liam Moore tweeted earlier saying he was off to the U21 match so I would imagine that picture would be a day old at least.

Talking of Tweets. Another Izzet could be leaving League Football
Kem Izzet ‏@Kem_Izzet 10h
Sad to say but as of today I am no longer a col u player, like to thank all for your support over the years, will miss u all

But even in adversity he even had thoughts for the City in this Tweet to Paul Konchesky
Kem Izzet ‏@Kem_Izzet 10h
Like to wish the lads all the best for the season and in the future, hope they get promoted

Last edited:
not much activity, but the loan window opens next week

Signed for Burnley

Mirror reports that weve taken doyle on season long loan with waghorn going in the opposite direction.

Shame we couldn't get Kightly more so than Doyle imo as we are lacking more in that area. I imagine our lack of transfer dealings yesterday was down to our inability to move on the high earning 'squad players' but expect us to get a youngster or two in from the Prem when the loan window re-opens.

Would definitely like to see a naturally right sided wide man as opposed to a forward played out of position there, but other than that, I think we have a very competitive squad in comparisson to the majority of the league though QPR do look streets ahead of everyone else now after some very shrewed moves from 'Arry yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566