The annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Winter 2014/15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Nice that Messi has turned up to show his support unless we are going to announce a double signing!?!

I thought maybe Zsolt Laczko had returned.

City Fan

Skysports have just said that their sources at Leicester say that Rijeka's announcement is premature...the deal has been agreed, however there's the matter of a work permit etc. They say it's unlikely the deal will be completed today.

SJN-Fox

NK Rijeka
‏@NKRijeka Andrej #Kramaric signed for @OfficialFOXES! We wish you all the best in your future career. Thanks you for unforgettable moments in Rijeka!

sparky79

Croatia is part of the EU. If he's got a job here they can't stop him working......

Hazzman

If that site is to be believed then it seems that this will be a short term deal regardless. This article, posted a couple of days ago, says he'll sign for Chelsea after us.

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/calciomercato/kramaric-expected-in-london-today-hell-join-leicester-city-in-collaboration-with-chelsea/

I reckon they have first refusal on him. We'd be total mugs to do any different.

On paper, an exciting signing. Potentially an upgrade on Nugent. My worry is that he's going to take a couple of months to settle. He won't be playing for a couple of weeks anyway.

Centre back next please.

dpjfox

I doubt we will wait weeks before putting him in the team, he looks a natural goalscorer id be surprised if he didnt start vStoke

Matt_B

Didn't the FA stamp down on part ownership or dodgy deals like this sounds after the whole Tevez/West Ham debacle?

FryattFox

It'll no doubt end in disappointed, but a very exciting signing based solely on his stats (inc. Maws').

Mawsley

He'll need to up his car dumps - but then he'll be coming to the best club to work on that aspect of his game.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
So reading between the lines. Chelsea couldn't sign him and loan him to us so he signed here with a future clause to go to Chelsea. If his hearts at Chelsea I find that a bit concerning.

Borderfox

DF, I don't agree,I have read countless articles many of them repetitions of the basic story but there has been a couple which have been different. These have tended to come from Croatia, these have been highly critical of Chelsea and Abramovich. They saw this transfer as a way of Abramovich collecting talent for future profit, sign them, loan them out ( Chelsea currently have about 20 players out on loan) if they make it then sell on for inflated prices. Basically sod the footballer himself, pay him a decent wage, and then get another club to cover some of the outlay, but the chances of the player making the Chelsea first team squad, next to none. First question my source, I use 'News Now', but go for information from outside the UK, a lot of reading but sometimes worth it.

alex

I think, this is a case of a player and his representative (his father) actually getting the lad playing football for a club, not merely being a member of the payrole and plying their duties somewhere else. Shows a healthy attitude that.

TommyK

DF, I don't agree,I have read countless articles many of them repetitions of the basic story but there has been a couple which have been different. These have tended to come from Croatia, these have been highly critical of Chelsea and Abramovich. They saw this transfer as a way of Abramovich collecting talent for future profit, sign them, loan them out ( Chelsea currently have about 20 players out on loan) if they make it then sell on for inflated prices. Basically sod the footballer himself, pay him a decent wage, and then get another club to cover some of the outlay, but the chances of the player making the Chelsea first team squad, next to none. First question my source, I use 'News Now', but go for information from outside the UK, a lot of reading but sometimes worth it.

Yeah that's seems the way of it.

He wanted to go to Chelsea, but they were going to loan him out and not give him guarantees about being in the first team squad. Instead he's came to Leicester, he's got 6 months to prove how good he is. If we get relegated he's probably got some sort of get out clause. If we stay up then who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669