THE ANTI-STADIUM SHARE THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Who's against the proposals for the Tigers to mess up our home?

I know Durham and Homer are but who else?

Let's make a list.

1. Homer
2. DurhamFox
3. Joe_Fox
4. Macky
5. SilverFox
6. Fossebhoy
7. Lazzer

I am definatley against it now as you say. I was in two minds but to think we are going to rip the stadium uop for them as absurd. We have only had it for 2 years and its going to be transformed in to an even more souless place than it already is.

I think its common knowlege that I want no part of it. However, I am now of the belief that because of the initial apathy fans showed it will go ahead. If we didn't want it we had plenty of opportunity to let the powers that be know...there was no demonstration, no protest, the sit in was a joke!

Either the majority of fans actually WANT this to happen, or we just have s*** fans

I'm very much against It. I hate the idea of having to share are ground with anyone. I agree that the response from the City fans has been disapointing and for this reason I guess It's going to happen.

DurhamFox said:
I believe the shit in was a resounding success though!

Indeed, what a great idea that was, one of my best I believe. (And yes, it was shit)

Joe_Fox said:
DurhamFox said:
I believe the shit in was a resounding success though!

Indeed, what a great idea that was, one of my best I believe. (And yes, it was shit)

I think it fairly clear that we have the minority view, and as such won't win this one. Which is sad, because like Sting, I can't stand losing!

But it won't just be me that loses out, I do honestly believe we all will...for reasons in the other 'standing' thread.

Anyway, I gotta go, I have a job you know :(

Let's set up a splinter cell. We could be famous.

i was not initially against it for financial reasons but because of my hatred for condescending rugby fans im now against it

That's very a childish and immature and immature opinion, apparently

Unless you can justify not having ignorant blind faith in every thing you are told about this travesty of a deal, then you are a disgrace to every proper football fan

You really should know better

lazzer said:
i was not initially against it for financial reasons but because of my hatred for condescending rugby fans im now against it

That's more like it lazzer.

Out of interest has everybody posting as against it on this thread spoken to Tim Davies personally about their opposition.

Just seem to see a lot of "80% of fans I've spoken to are for it comments"

At the Open meeting that was held there a few very passionate people against it, some were open minded at that time & others spoke for it. In the same way that not many sat in - an attendance of 47 at the open meeting just demonstrated apathy in the fan base

Ah, good old FT

Why use reason when sweeping generalisations will do

So you can't be legitimately opposed to it unless you have had a personal hearing with Tim Davies - how dare you express an opinion without having done that

You can't attend one meeting on a Thursday evening (regardless of work commitments, family commitments or the fact that you might live in London etc.) so you must therefore be apathetic and too lazy to get off your arse and protest.
And even if you did go, how dare you not have the confidence to get up and protest passionately against it in a public meeting

Shame on us all for not being as proactive as the Foxes Trust

I think to say you are 'apathetic' if you didn't go to the meeting is pushing it a bit.We are all bothered about what happens to our club but lots of us do have other more important commitments or live miles away.

Not so, HF

In the eyes of the good old FT you clearly displayed your lack of genuine passion by not taking two days off and making your way down to the Walkers on a Thurday evening and then making your way bakc again

And because you didn't, you now have no right to voice an opinion against the scheme

homer said:
You can't attend one meeting on a Thursday evening (regardless of work commitments, family commitments or the fact that you might live in London etc.) so you must therefore be apathetic and too lazy to get off your arse and protest.

But the vast majority of Leicester fans live locally, and the overwhelming majority of those did not go to the meeting.

So what does this tell the club about the feeling of Leicester fans?

It tells the club that the majority of fans just aren't bothered - or if they are, not enough to do anything about it. Ditto with the sit in protest.

Of course here will be genuine reasons why people couldn't make it to the meeting. But I bet most of those people who 'couldn't' go to the meeting would have been able to go if there was a match on.

*zipped*

I understand the anti-ground share sentiment from LCFC followers as my initila knee jerk reaction was that it is not a good thing.

However, as time has gone on, I have discussed this with a number of Foxes and Tigers fans and have come round to thinking that it is actually not a bad thing.

Here's why.

1) My main problem with the proposal was the potential damage to the pitch. However, I understand from other clubs who do this, and from the club itself that the pitch will not sustain much, if any ill effects. I'm not sure I believe that completely, but I do believe that the pitch will still be in good condition for all footie matches - if not quite as good as it is now.

2) Identity: This is something I never really understood from city fans. If it had been a Rugby Club of the stature of Coventry or London Irish, I would've been against it, but the Leicester Tigers are a magnificent club - possibly the biggest and best in the world - and to have that associated with the football club can only raise the profile of everybody concerned in a positive way.

3) As far as I can tell, the Stadium owners have stated that Match Days will be no different for Foxes fans. Even if they introduce standing areas for Tigers games, the seating will be replaced for footie matches and we won't know any difference. For what its worth, they have a much bigger task in creating a comparable Rugby environment where players and fans mix freely and beer is taken into the stadium etc.. etc..

4) Finance. Clearly this has financial benefit on both sides, (Otherwise they wouldnt be doing it) As half-owners of Walkers Stadium PLC, it paves the way for major events to be staged at this venue. Personally, I wouldn't mind if Rock Concerts, Rugby and Football Cup Finals and International matches were available on our doorsteps for us to attend. We also benefit financially from this.

I was gonna ramble on a bit more but I've gotta go to a meeting. However, the upshot is that for reasons of the heart I would prefer us to carry on as we are, but my indifference is caused by the obvious benefits and my head says that it can only be a good thing.

Just my thoughts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670