The champagne on ice thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Surely a very significant afternoon for us in our return to the championship. A little more work to do, but we can almost fall over the line from this position.

Anyway this is the thread to take us all the way through to promotion and the title.
Whilst obviously with teams taking points off each other its probaly already impossible for us to finish any lower than 8th or 9th.

Just for fun though i'll count the teams off as they can no longer catch us.

So after todays results Cheltenham are the first team that can no longer score more points than us.

Goodbye.........Cheltenham

LEICESTERS LOWEST LGE POSITION IS NOW..........23RD.

Bloody hell! I can't believe this.........I was really worried about Cheltenham!

I think I going to make a point of not looking at this thread until the end of the season!

I reckon we could be up by the end of March

Last edited:
Failure to get promotion from this position would probably rank as the biggest blow up in the entire history of the football league.

As long as we are no worse than Cheltenham to the end of the season, it's a done deal. Outside of MK, I can't see anyone else hitting 85.

If we avoid defeat next Saturday, I can see us collecting the title on Easter Monday on the tv at home to dirty Leeds.

That would be a pleasant experience.

And it'll only get better Newts.

I reckon we'll have sealed the Champion's League and Galactic Cup by... oooh, about Thursday or so. Do I win a prize?

I don't think it'll warrant a bus, so I'm booking an open top bicycle for my personal celebratory tour of Tucson.

best thread of the year (so far......)

I am lovin' this thread. I do not care if it is Division 3.

Even if we do not win next Saturday but other results go our way:

On Tuesday we could kiss goodbye to Crewe.

On Saturday we could give the heave-ho to Hereford and the bums-rush to Brighton, and if we win, we could play the last waltz to Leyton Orient!

I am lovin' it, just lovin' it!

Some of us had the champagne on ice at the start of the season. Nothing more than expected.

Surely a very significant afternoon for us in our return to the championship. A little more work to do, but we can almost fall over the line from this position.

Anyway this is the thread to take us all the way through to promotion and the title.
Whilst obviously with teams taking points off each other its probaly already impossible for us to finish any lower than 8th or 9th.

So after todays results Cheltenham are the first team that can no longer score more points than us.

Goodbye.........Cheltenham

LEICESTERS LOWEST LGE POSITION IS NOW..........23RD.

An excellent thread. Ticking off the teams is a great idea. However, we are mathematically certain to come higher than 23rd. The 23rd position would rely on every other team winning all its matches. Since every winner invollves another team losing that cannot happen. One way oflooking at our position is that in the unlikely event of us losing every match from now to the end of the season we will still have 73 points; in three of the last four seasons that would have made us seventh in the division; in 2005-6 it would have made us fourth.

An excellent thread. Ticking off the teams is a great idea. However, we are mathematically certain to come higher than 23rd. The 23rd position would rely on every other team winning all its matches. Since every winner invollves another team losing that cannot happen.

The clues were all there...

I'm lovin your enthusiasm Mike, but as Leicester are not playing in mid-week, even if Crewe lose they can still equal us on points.

It wont be long though:icon_wink

Mathematically you are correct. I was basing my prediction on the fact that their goal difference is 60 behind us, so unless they were then to win every game 1-0 and we lost every game 3-0, or a similar combination, they cannot overtake us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566