The Championship 2012/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moment you willingly sell your soul once, you can't argue when the owner rampages over the remnants of whatever heritage you still have left

The moment you willingly sell your soul once, you can't argue when the owner rampages over the remnants of whatever heritage you still have left

Very true. But doesn't necessarily comfort the supporters who didn't have any influence on whether the soul should be sold or not. They all have to follow the devil now or find another interest.

Either way; Cardiff Dragons??? Sounds more like a baskeball team

Last edited:

There is no soul left in football anyway. Give it 10 years and clubs will be franchises in the same way as the NFL and NBA.

Rumours been kicking around for a week or so about the Dragons name change.

Sticks and stones.

Do I want to be Cardiff Red Dragons in the prem, or Cardiff City Bluebirds in Div 4 again?
No brainer.

It's all a hairy ball of gum at the end of the day.

Very true. But doesn't necessarily comfort the supporters who didn't have any influence on whether the soul should be sold or not. They all have to follow the devil now or find another interest.

Either way; Cardiff Dragons??? Sounds more like a baskeball team
Whereas Leicester Foxes sounds like a girl band.

How's that?

I was under the understanding that they were all franchises not really linked to the city. As a kid I used to like Charlotte Hornets, don't they now play elsewhere? My understanding is also vaguely based on a Simpsons' episode, so may not be factually correct!

I was under the understanding that they were all franchises not really linked to the city. As a kid I used to like Charlotte Hornets, don't they now play elsewhere? My understanding is also vaguely based on a Simpsons' episode, so may not be factually correct!

No worries, if they move your team there will always be another one just nearby: http://www.rawcharge.com/2011/8/30/2388236/former-Atlanta-thrashers-fans-and-the-2011-12-nhl-season

I wonder what team I'd go for if City relocate to Scarborough. Forest - no. Derby - no. What about West Brom?

Not that geography really matters to me, I can pick and choose as I want to!

Last edited:

I'll be quirky.

Give it 10 years and clubs will be franchises in the same way as the NFL and NBA.
No they won't. There is zero chance of that happening. There are dangers to the integrity of the game, though. For example:

- The Premier League becoming a closed shop. This has been seriously discussed a number of times and will almost certainly come up again. I wonder how Phil Gartside feels about it now though.
- The devaluation of the cup competitions. Until they're actually worth winning the bigger clubs will continue to go out of their way to lose in the early rounds. That goes for the Europa League as well as domestic cups. What's the point of even having competitions that nobody wants to win?
- Richard Scudamore.

No they won't. There is zero chance of that happening. There are dangers to the integrity of the game, though. For example:

- The Premier League becoming a closed shop. This has been seriously discussed a number of times and will almost certainly come up again. I wonder how Phil Gartside feels about it now though.
- The devaluation of the cup competitions. Until they're actually worth winning the bigger clubs will continue to go out of their way to lose in the early rounds. That goes for the Europa League as well as domestic cups. What's the point of even having competitions that nobody wants to win?
- Richard Scudamore.

I don't think it's as ridiculous as you think; 10 years ago you'd have laughed at the idea of a top Championship club changing it's colour let alone it's name merely on the whim of a new owner. MKDons show that it can happen and whilst that was an exception at the time I don't think it is unthinkable for the Malaysians to decide they want Cardiff to play in Liverpool, say.

- Richard Scudamore.

I would personally rather see the FA Cup winners in the Champions League over a side that finishes fourth in the league.

I would personally rather see the FA Cup winners in the Champions League over a side that finishes fourth in the league.

Won't happen, you run the risk of the wrong sort upsetting the big four status quo. Imagine Bradford on Champions League money, against Barcelona. The TV people wouldn't stand for it

Won't happen, you run the risk of the wrong sort upsetting the big four status quo. Imagine Bradford on Champions League money, against Barcelona. The TV people wouldn't stand for it

Realistically you are of course right, but what better way to revitalise a fantastic competition that has become sadly devalued over the years?

It used to be an incredibly prestigious trophy and the fans love it.

I've always dreamed of belting out Abide With Me in an FA Cup Final with City, but bigger clubs look at the bottom line and see what you get beyond the day at Wembley and the trophy presentation. A few hundred thousand and qualification for a competition where everybody sends their stiffs out to Ukraine? No ta, send out the kids.

At least if the FA Cup winners were in the Champions League we'd be able to say they'd qualified through actually winning something, not through finishing 15-20 points behind the league winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669