The coffee's here .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
highland fox said:
Sorry PFKAKTF but I think at the moment 'The Levein Out Brigade' are using any stick they can find to beat him with.However we are all entitled to our opinions.

No I am sorry H but no manager can justify leaving all 3 of his best attacking options out of his starting line up, yes there is tinkering but that for me was footballing suicide. The pace and skill that even 1, 2 or even better all 3 would have provided especially in that type of formation would have been invaluable.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
No I am sorry H but no manager can justify leaving all 3 of his best attacking options out of his starting line up, yes there is tinkering but that for me was footballing suicide. The pace and skill that even 1, 2 or even better all 3 would have provided especially in that type of formation would have been invaluable.

We will have to agree to differ:) Wouldn't say Hammond was a better attacking option than MDV but again its just opinions.I didn't expect any agreement/support anyway
Incidentally how would you fit all 3 into that formation ?

Last edited:
Dave Penney is the man. He was spoken to last time when Levein got the job but the board thought he was too inexperienced. After Donnies recent cup heroics I would expect him to firmly get the nod.

Shame about Levein because I really thought he was doing a good job for the club but we just seem to be clueless. I will support Levein as long as he is here but I don't see anyway out of our mess at the moment. I guess we'll stuff Norwich now!

highland fox said:
Sorry PFKAKTF but I think at the moment 'The Levein Out Brigade' are using any stick they can find to beat him with.However we are all entitled to our opinions.

I'd say that just 5 wins all season is a big enough stick to beat whoever the manager was, no matter what the tactics last night.

highland fox said:
We will have to agree to differ:) Wouldn't say Hammond was a better attacking option than MDV but again its just opinions.I didn't expect any agreement/support anyway
Incidentally how would you fit all 3 into that formation ?

Too be honest I would have selected 2 and left MDV in as he is very good at leading the line in that type of formation, but I was just trying to make the point that it was criminal to leave the three players who have genuine pace out of the team, especially when you plan to play a formation designed to stifle the opposition and then try and nick something on the break.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Too be honest I would have selected 2 and left MDV in as he is very good at leading the line in that type of formation, but I was just trying to make the point that it was criminal to leave the three players who have genuine pace out of the team, especially when you plan to play a formation designed to stifle the opposition and then try and nick something on the break.

Hammill has pace though...feck all else I grant you and I'm led to believe Smith was carrying a Knock.

I don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but CL quoted on BBC as saying

"Reading made the decisions of a team playing with confidence while we made the decisions of a team lacking confidence."

Does that include management decisions that were lacking confidence such as going in with a 4-5-1 ?

highland fox said:
Hammill has pace though...feck all else I grant you and I'm led to believe Smith was carrying a Knock.

Hamill just doesnt bring enough to the team IMO especially when Sylla is on the other side, we seemed to lose most of the potency and threat from wide areas, if Smith was carrying a knock then I would have gone for Hume and Hammond playing off MDV, both have pace and IMO are far more effective than either Sylla or Hamill.

It would also have given us the opportunity to switch to 4 - 4 -2 if required,and IMO both players are doing well at the minute, we have all seen the benefits of both players getting a regular run in the side.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Hamill just doesnt bring enough to the team IMO especially when Sylla is on the other side, we seemed to lose most of the potency and threat from wide areas, if Smith was carrying a knock then I would have gone for Hume and Hammond playing off MDV, both have pace and IMO are far more effective than either Sylla or Hamill.

It would also have given us the opportunity to switch to 4 - 4 -2 if required,and IMO both players are doing well at the minute, we have all seen the benefits of both players getting a regular run in the side.

Hammond still hasn't mastered the Cows Arse/Banjo scenario though,play him on the wing.

Micky said:
Shame about Levein because I really thought he was doing a good job for the club but we just seem to be clueless. I will support Levein as long as he is here but I don't see anyway out of our mess at the moment. I guess we'll stuff Norwich now!

Agree with that, we can only get behind the team and the manager on Saturday. If we lose then the sh*t hits the fan.

highland fox said:
Hammond still hasn't mastered the Cows Arse/Banjo scenario though,play him on the wing.

I agree with you on that one, definately play him out wide, his pace and work ethic would certainly benefit the space he would get out wide and I think he would create a lot of chances for the strikers and in a strange way maybe score more as well, as he could profit from attacking the far post with late runs as oppose to being crowded out in the middle.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree with you on that one, definately play him out wide, his pace and work ethic would certainly benefit the space he would get out wide and I think he would create a lot of chances for the strikers and in a strange way maybe score more as well, as he could profit from attacking the far post with late runs as oppose to being crowded out in the middle.

We agree on something:eek: ...No I'm not having that.Play him up front with that other 'Goal Machine 'Dublin.

Hazzman said:
Has anybody got any clues to who was interviewed for the job at Adams resignation.
yes
Christopher Biggins,lazzer,Mk Fox,Durham,Yorkshire Vixen,Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards and Lionel Blair.

highland fox said:
Lionel Blair.

That can't be true, HF - if Lionel had have turned up for an interview, our expert board could not have failed to be impressed with his previous experience/qualities....look at his CV - 'Give us a clue' : TD would have been blown away and gave him the job straight away..........

highland fox said:
yes
Christopher Biggins,lazzer,Mk Fox,Durham,Yorkshire Vixen,Eddie 'The Eagle' Edwards and Lionel Blair.

I have heard about this film coming out called Brokeback Mountain, it's about two cowboys who work in the Highlands-equilvent of America, it stars MK Fox and Highland Fox, when they get lonely, they get it on. Only for years later the affair to come out.

It's up for Talking Balls Oscars, just like the other films
A Cock And Bull Story: starring Joe Fox
Elephant Man: Chuck T Masala
Downfall: Craig Levein
King Kong: Rab Douglas

Hazzman said:
I have heard about this film coming out called Brokeback Mountain, it's about two cowboys who work in the Highlands-equilvent of America, it stars MK Fox and Highland Fox, when they get lonely, they get it on.

Rumour is Hazz you have a very small 'part' in it.....

BOB HAZELL said:
That can't be true, HF - if Lionel had have turned up for an interview, our expert board could not have failed to be impressed with his previous experience/qualities....look at his CV - 'Give us a clue' : TD would have been blown away and gave him the job straight away..........

Bob anymore news on what you posted last week, regarding people within the club being convinced that Levein may well be out dependent on the boxing day result ?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Bob anymore news on what you posted last week, regarding people within the club being convinced that Levein may well be out dependent on the boxing day result ?

As some have already stated PFKAKTF, the silence coming from behind the scenes at the club is deafening!!!

Personally, I've heard nothing with regard to the predicament of CL, but one things for sure, whatever soundbite the club will no doubt issue soon, there'll be something else behind the public statement.

Potential Signings Bob ? come on just give us one name,we won't tell anybody:icon_wink
Is CL really poised to make his move for Jocky Wilson ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670