Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Torres for £50mil and a worse goalscoring record at Chelsea with much better creative players is nothing compared to the flop of Akinbiyi.

Theres loads more that are worse than poor Ade. Corrado Grabbi, Afonso Alves, Steve Marlet, Albert Luque, Hugo Viana, Bosko Balaban and Andy Carroll x2

Re: Islam Slimani

Surprised by the amount of strikers linked with us.

A lot of people seem to have assumed we'll play one up top, and we know Pearson wants a strong physical presence up front - hence the move for Ulloa, the links with Connor Wickham, etc.

However the move for Frazier Campbell and apparently for Slimani (story is also in the Mail today) makes it seem like we're in the market for a different type of striker as well.

If we're looking to bring in two new strikers, and we've just given new contracts to Nugent and Vardy, I'd suspect that Pearson is still planning for two up front more often than not.

We´re now being linked with Sebastian Blanco again (Mail online)......seems to be a very useful attacking midfielder who has no intentions of returning to his club in Ukraine due to the recent events there. Would be a steal at £2m.

Last edited:

We´re now being linked with Sebastian Blanco again (Mail online)......seems to be a very useful attacking midfielder who has no intentions of returning to his club in Ukraine due to the recent events there. Would be a steal at £2m.

Sod paying, surely we can just take him and he can claim to be part of the Leicestershire separatist movement?

Another from the mail-on-line Watford to bid 1.2 Million for Andy King.

I'd hope we'd keep Kingy...and if we did decide to sell him it was for a lot more than that.

I actually fancy King to have a good season, especially if we play with a five-man midfield. That's really his best role.

Sign Ulloa for £7m and selling Wood for £2m???

I thought piss stain was meant to be good at this transfer malarkey!?!

Sign Ulloa for £7m and selling Wood for £2m???

I thought piss stain was meant to be good at this transfer malarkey!?!

Yup! And even though I risk incurring the wrath of somebody miles away:056:...............sell King for £1.5m and buy Blanco for £2m

Maybe Ulloa is better than Wood and Blanco better than King?

I know, it's a mental suggestion.

Sod paying, surely we can just take him and he can claim to be part of the Leicestershire separatist movement?

Isn't that called Rutland?

Maybe Ulloa is better than Wood and Blanco better than King?

I know, it's a mental suggestion.

Well I've never seen anything to suggest it so far and certainly not 3.5 times better and potentially rising to 5 times more.

What's even more of a mental suggestion though is signing someone who is a marked improvement on what we already have instead of spunking a load of money on a very sideways move.

Ulloa will be worth sod all after his contract with us is up whereas Wood's value has the potential to keep increasing seeing as he is only 21/22ish.

Also, Ulloa only managed 16 goals last year despite being Brighton's main striker and goal threat whereas Wood got 8 for us being an extremely bit part player and carrying injuries.

I just don't see where the value comes in this deal for us. I'd more than happily eat my hat this time next year but just can't see it happening.

Last edited:
Well I've never seen anything to suggest it so far and certainly not 3.5 times better and potentially rising to 5 times more.

What's even more of a mental suggestion though is signing someone who is a marked improvement on what we already have instead of spunking a load of money on a very sideways move.

Ulloa will be worth sod all after his contract with us is up whereas Wood's value has the potential to keep increasing seeing as he is only 21/22ish.

Also, Ulloa only managed 16 goals last year despite being Brighton's main striker and goal threat whereas Wood got 8 for us being an extremely bit part player and carrying injuries.

I just don't see where the value comes in this deal for us. I'd more than happily eat my hat this time next year but just can't see it happening.

What sort of hat do you wear?

Clearly Pearson and team don't view it as a "sideways" move, but a marked improvement. I trust them to make that decision.

Clearly Pearson and team don't view it as a "sideways" move, but a marked improvement. I trust them to make that decision.

Even if he's only a minor improvement/sideways move compared to Nugent and Vardy, he's certainly an improvement on Schlupp and even probably Wood when you take into account how often he seems to dip out of form. What we need is someone who can step in to the team and score goals. We had little back up goal threat last season and were very fortunate/well managed with injuries to Vardy and Nugent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669