Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arightfilbert

Leicester City complete Ulloa transfer
Newly promoted Foxes agree transfer for Spanish striker from Brighton & Hove Albion

This from the Official Premier League website.........I thought he was Argentinian??!

pork pie fox

I started typing some long-winded post but lost interest. To summarise, I couldn't give a flying feck who NP signs and what positions they are, so long as he's happy with it.

My opinions aren't important, and he's earned the right (in my book) to make whatever decisions he feels are right and I trust him to do that. At the end of the day, if it isn't good enough, he will be the one feeling the pressure, but I'm sure he's pleased he's got that opportunity.

Profondo Rosso

That front 3 was excellent. I seem to remember reading 442 magazine as a young teenager the time and them ranking it as statically the 4th or 5th best attack in the country.

Iirc the 3 of them scored over 30 league goals between them and I seem to remember people saying at the time they outscored any attack we had under O'Neill and it was statistically our best attack since Lynex, Lineker and Smith

As others have said, it was having defence containing the likes of Matt Heath, Callum Davidson, Riccardo Scimeca, Martin Keown, Steve Howey, John Curtis and a slightly past his sell by date Matt Elliott which sent us down.

Last edited:

Miles Away

That front 3 was excellent. I seem to remember reading 442 magazine as a young teenager the time and them ranking it as statically the 4th or 5th best attack in the country.

Iirc the 3 of them scored over 30 league goals between them and I seem to remember people saying at the time they outscored any attack we had under O'Neill and it was statistically our best attack since Lynex, Lineker and Smith

As others have said, it was having defence containing the likes of Matt Heath, Callum Davidson, Riccardo Scimeca, Martin Keown, Steve Howey, John Curtis and a slightly past his sell by date Matt Elliott which sent us down.

I would say it was poor management and fitness levels if I had to identify the primary culprit that season.

City Fan

I think Martin Keown joined after our relegation. But you're missing the shocking Nikos Dabizas from that list. And Nicholas Priet but he hardly played..

Borderfox

Did we ever sign Davis from Port Vale, or have i missed something along the way, I know it was for the development squad but he seemed to fall off the radar.

FryattFox

QPR have signed Caulker and Ferdinand. I don't think we could have got either, but two decent signings for them.

Fortunately there's enough other shit teams in the PL that we've still got every chance.

Borderfox

QPR can have Ferdinand, and his wage demands but his time at the top has long gone, but Caulker is a good signing.

Matt_B

QPR have signed Caulker and Ferdinand. I don't think we could have got either, but two decent signings for them.

Fortunately there's enough other shit teams in the PL that we've still got every chance.

Haha, brilliant. Ferdinand is no different a signing to Upson.

homer

Haha, brilliant. Ferdinand is no different a signing to Upson.

Ferdinand was, at one time, just about the best centre back playing in England. He's now old and past it and is a bit shit, but could still do a job

Upson was, at one time, complete and utter shit. He's now old and past it and is even more completely and utterly shit, and could only muster a big stinking jobby

Yeah, no difference at all

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673