Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're happy with our full-backs then?

Not sure why you've responded with that, but for the record, no. As I said before, we're equally in need of a left-back. I'd also suggest a quality midfielder to compete with James and Drinkwater - something like Hull did with Huddlestone last summer. Those types of players are worth the money.

Not sure why you've responded with that, but for the record, no. As I said before, we're equally in need of a left-back. I'd also suggest a quality midfielder to compete with James and Drinkwater - something like Hull did with Huddlestone last summer. Those types of players are worth the money.
Agreed. NP & Co seem to do most of their transfer work under the radar though, so hopefully something happens for at least one of those positions.

Last edited:
Agreed. NP & Co seem to do most of their transfer work under the radar though, so hopefully something happens for at least one of those positions.

I would be stunned if we didn't already have in hand plans for a LB and CB.

No......We´re all right in defence. We should just get Sebastian Blanco and Connor in and change our formation to 3-5-2:icon_razz:048:

Oh Harry, you never disappoint: Malouda heading to QPR on loan now, reportedly.

He won't make the same mistakes again though remember

He won't make the same mistakes again though remember

I could vaguely understand Ferdinand, but this absolutely smacks of laziness. He couldn't care less anymore. I thought Fernandes would be putting a stop to his nonsense this summer, but he's equally to blame.

Anyone who thinks Schlupp, Konchesky and De Laet are enough at full back is set to be sorely disappointed! We should have been in for Jenkinson, Bertrand or something strong on the foreign scouts radar. Also Hammond and Taylor fletcher as back up to our first choice centre mids is at least 1 or 2 shy for a prem campaign. I think our starting line up if fit will get points in the prem but needed more numbers and more quality added to see out the whole season. Don't want taking to the cleaners if we panic in January.....

Re: Islam Slimani

Delort is in talks with Atletico Madrid and other Champions League clubs. I think that is dead. Leeds are also rather comically in for him.

According to his Agent, the Athletico link was never real, just paper talk. Twitter talk suggests that he's been in England over recent days agreeing to join a club for about 2m euros: http://www.francebleu.fr/infos/tour...elort-5-millions-d’euros…-ni-meme-4-»-1688149

I know it means nothing, but his wiki page says he's a Leicester player: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Delort

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone who thinks Schlupp, Konchesky and De Laet are enough at full back is set to be sorely disappointed! We should have been in for Jenkinson, Bertrand or something strong on the foreign scouts radar. Also Hammond and Taylor fletcher as back up to our first choice centre mids is at least 1 or 2 shy for a prem campaign. I think our starting line up if fit will get points in the prem but needed more numbers and more quality added to see out the whole season. Don't want taking to the cleaners if we panic in January.....

Don't get the 'status' Jenkinson and Bertrand have. Average players but because they played for a top four club, there is an elevated opinion of them. If either were good players, they wouldn't have joined West Ham and Southampton. Two teams which look very probable to be down scraping against relegation.

I must admit, despite normally deploring people getting angst-ridden over a lack of signings, I am starting to query our lack of defensive additions. Only two weeks left.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670