Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Konchesky has been really good so far, but I do worry what we do if he's injured. He's not of an age where he's likely to keep these performances up even without an injury, so I do think that a left back should be the priority.

SSN said confirmation that Palace have made an offer for Chris Wood, but no news on fee.

Also said Nick Powell is due to arrive soon for talks about the loan deal.

SSN said confirmation that Palace have made an offer for Chris Wood, but no news on fee.

Also said Nick Powell is due to arrive soon for talks about the loan deal.

I don't think he's going to come all that way for 'talks'. He may however come to get his new training gear, meet the gaffer and have a look around the facilities on offer :icon_bigg

I saw Lawrence on loan at Carlisle last season. Skillful player with lots of potential, scored Carlisle's goal of the season. I don't think he's ready to be a regular starter in the Prem though, more of a signing for the future or someone to put on the bench who can do something different.

That's what tanner has tweeted - for the future so would have to be a permanent if he comes.

I have followed the City for more years than I care to remember, I cannot recall one manager who has bought in more youngsters than Pearson. I really believe that this philosophy will have a major positive effect on the future status of the club, and he should be applauded for his foresight. This policy integrated with City's own academy which has already produced some very good players provides a solid base from which to move forward, and perhaps the owners ambition to get the club into European football is not such a pipe dream after all.

I have followed the City for more years than I care to remember, I cannot recall one manager who has bought in more youngsters than Pearson. I really believe that this philosophy will have a major positive effect on the future status of the club, and he should be applauded for his foresight. This policy integrated with City's own academy which has already produced some very good players provides a solid base from which to move forward, and perhaps the owners ambition to get the club into European football is not such a pipe dream after all.

I don't disagree with the sentiment, but there's still not a lot of evidence of a successful academy (i.e. players who have actually broken through to play at the top level).

Moore, Schlupp, King - i counted three in the starting line up......

Well there's we two in the team that just held Arsenal to a very deserved draw!

Three! Moore, Schlupp and King, and all 3 have acquitted themselves very well so far.

They even mentioned in the commentary during the game yesterday that having 3 Academy grads in our starting lineup was a very impressive proportion.

I agree with the sentiment about us having a good young team and great to see the club planning heavily for the future. I think we'll be like Southampton, and end up losing a lot of players in a year or two... but, it's a good model to follow in fairness, and if we've focused on the academy and young players, then we'll have players to step up and replace them.

Toronto in talks with several English clubs about a move for Jermaine Defoe.

Could we be one of them? Experienced Prem player, gets goals wherever he goes

Matt Law from the Telegraph thinks we are favourites for Defoe now, Arsenal and QPR having pulled out.

Jermaine Defoe would be a nice addition.

Leicester City are emerging as surprise favourites to sign Jermain Defoe on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Arsenal passed up the chance to sign Defoe from Toronto FC earlier today and Queens Park Rangers have cooled their interest in the former Tottenham man.

That leaves Leicester as the club most likely to sign Defoe, barring any late developments or changes of heart.

Defoe will have to lower his £90,000-a-week wage demands to complete a return to the Premier League, but his determination to move back to England is likely to see the 31-year-old do that.

With time running out on transfer deadline day, Leicester are likely to try to sign Defoe on loan until the January window with a view to making the transfer permanent in the New Year.

From the telegraph's live coverage

Last edited:
Leicester City are emerging as surprise favourites to sign Jermain Defoe on loan with a view to a permanent move.

Arsenal passed up the chance to sign Defoe from Toronto FC earlier today and Queens Park Rangers have cooled their interest in the former Tottenham man.

That leaves Leicester as the club most likely to sign Defoe, barring any late developments or changes of heart.

Defoe will have to lower his £90,000-a-week wage demands to complete a return to the Premier League, but his determination to move back to England is likely to see the 31-year-old do that.

With time running out on transfer deadline day, Leicester are likely to try to sign Defoe on loan until the January window with a view to making the transfer permanent in the New Year.

From the telegraph's live coverage

Surely not. He'll be at QPR at 11pm with 'arry and Crouchy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566