Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar to Mahrez, certainly a better player than Knockaert.

It's Transfer Deadline Day!

What do we need? Pearson's main target seems to be a striker. I'm fairly happy with our striking options although if we can find something better than what we've got then it's not bad thing.

Still fancy a LB to come in, particularly if we're going to use Schlupp further forward.
We've got 3 wingers plus Schlupp so wouldn't mind seeing an extra winger come in, particularly as it looks a key part of our game this season. A number 10 attacking midfielder could be useful, so that might be where the Nick Powell link comes from.

Will anyone leave today? I wouldn't be surprised to see Hammond move on. Andy King has been linked with a move but has started the season well and I'd be sad to see him go.

Ironic that our two top transfer targets in the summer, Deeney and Campbell, have both seen the managers who signed them leave within days. Wonder if they now wished they'd come here instead?

Toronto in talks with several English clubs about a move for Jermaine Defoe.

Could we be one of them? Experienced Prem player, gets goals wherever he goes

From BBC:

BBC World Service reporter John Bennett: "Done Deal - Ghana World Cup striker Majeed Waris was linked with Leicester City earlier this month but instead of the East Midlands, he's heading to north-eastern Turkey"
"Waris has joined Trabzonspor from Spartak Moscow.

and

"James McArthur looks set to join Crystal Palace for a club record £7m fee. It's understood Wigan have accepted the offer from the South London club after his move to Leicester City broke down last week."

Guess we haven't ruined his career then...

2 players should be good for us. Can see why he wants another striker. He also needs another centre half.
Wouldn't mind McGoldrick as he's mobile and different to our current 4 or 5 but not at that money. Good thing for me is that Schlupp, Hammond, King and Konchesky have been EXCELLENT in our first three games, meaning that our squad looks really strong if you add Drinkwater, James, Cambiasso and Knockaert back in to it. onwards and upwards. In Nigel we trust. He's pulled two real gems out of the bag with Ulloa and Mahrez. Two players who will no doubt be worth more by the end of the year than we paid for them.....

Listening to SSN Radio at work.

They just said Colin is interested in signing Chris Wood for Palace but is also looking at Gary Hooper.

Wood said he wanted to stay and fight for his place, but Palace being a Prem team might tempt him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566