Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arightfilbert

If anyone isn´t already aware, You can use the News Now (Leicester City) website to keep an eye on all updates from all sources, minute by minute.

Last edited:

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I saw nearly all home matches Sol Bamba played in. I never once saw him make a pass bad enough, or miss a tackle or be out of position, so that we then conceded a goal.

I saw an amazing number of tackles where one of his legs just seemed to extend around a player to take the ball off him.

I saw some tremendous distribution to set off attacks, and I saw him on several occasions simply take the ball forward himself as an attacker.

Only once or twice did I ever think 'Just fecking hoof it will you Bamba!'

Overall a very exciting player to watch who on balance was a great asset to us. I would love to have him back.

Profondo Rosso

I saw nearly all home matches Sol Bamba played in. I never once saw him make a pass bad enough, or miss a tackle or be out of position, so that we then conceded a goal.

I saw an amazing number of tackles where one of his legs just seemed to extend around a player to take the ball off him.

I saw some tremendous distribution to set off attacks, and I saw him on several occasions simply take the ball forward himself as an attacker.

Overall a very exciting player to watch who on balance was a great asset to us. I would love to have him back.

I agree. He was a good player for us and definitely not the bombscare myth Alan Young seemed to create.

Whether or not he would make it in the Prem is another matter, but he was a good player for us in the Championship and I still have a lot of time for him.

camberwell fox

I agree, a very capable 'footballer' of which unfortunately are rare in the Championship.

When I saw him at Millwall away he was the only player on the pitch who was anything like having a good game.

Perhaps Mr Young had a good reason for not liking Sol?

Lako42

Didnt he **** us off for the money game?

Now people would welcome him back when the other lads have done the hard work he didn't want to.

Last edited:

Miles Away

Same thoughts.

camberwell fox

Didnt he **** us off for the money game?

Now people would welcome him back when the other lads have done the hard work he didn't want to.

I thought that he didn't fit with our style of play at that time?

Matt_B

I find it interesting that the mail don't seem to mind immigrants taking English jobs so long as said immigrant is a footballer.

Brown Nose

I think Sol Bamba is a very good player that could do well in the Premier League. He has pace and an ability to get a block in at the last second that would be very useful.

The problem is that NP didn't seem to rate him. I remember SB saying positive things about NP but nothing the other way round.

LeeCovFox

All those saying Bamba was not a 'bombscare' must have been watching a different player to me. Like others I watched almost every home game he was involved in and, perhaps unlike some, I have not had my views influenced by Alan Young's own as I've never listened to the bloke commentate on a match.

I enjoyed watching Bamba very much. He was entertaining to watch and, by accounts heard elsewhere, a lovely chap. But it just isn't true that he didn't make numerous cock-ups. Most didn't result in us conceding because he proved himself excellent at retrieving dangerous situations of his own creation. And I'm sure he remains very capable of doing so against sides like Blackpool and Millwall. But I certainly do not fancy him having a go at the same against even the lowliest top flight teams.

Let's leave him where he is; as a cult figure in the recent history of the club.

Brown Nose

I remember sol getting found out against Chelsea time and time again

You're spot on that Bamba was poor that day. But was he any worse than Morgan or Konchesky who were completely out of position again and again too? Didn't Schmeichel also have a mare frozen to his line time and again?

We played a far too attacking line up that day and St Ledger at right back which wasn't the cleverest. Also, our best player that day by a mile was Neil Danns and it didn't prove much of a defining moment for him.

camberwell fox

To be fair most teams in a league below and not performing would get found out by Chelsea time and time again.

Last edited:

fitz

Am I the only one who has noticed many **** ups by Moore that had to be well revovered? He must be a bomb scare too, whatever that means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669