Speculation The Crazy Stupid Premier League Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often does the CEO talk with the players etc, I know Top And Vichai barely ever talk to Nigel never mind the players.

What's your point?

A CEO sets the direction and vision, if they leave, so does the vision.

You don't need to interact directly with your CEO to be impacted by their departure.

The main change at Southampton was Nicola Cortese leaving, no?

I think where they finished, the players could see value in staying - but with him leaving and the clubs plans with it, why would you stay? It's no different to an inspiring CEO leaving a company.

Even if he'd stayed there I can't imagine players or the manager turning down big money moves.

Even if he'd stayed there I can't imagine players or the manager turning down big money moves.

Really? I don't think players would have left in their droves in the same way. In fact I suspect he would have had them on longer contracts with more cash

Really? I don't think players would have left in their droves in the same way. In fact I suspect he would have had them on longer contracts with more cash

Yes, really. The clubs they're going to are bigger clubs and more likely to pay more and offer greater chances of success.

Daily Star - Konchesky wanted by Brighton

Because that would obviously improve our squad, wouldn't it ?

Considering we would undoubtedly look to bring a replacement in I wouldn't imagine it weakening us.

I believe he had another calamity moment last night?

Considering we would undoubtedly look to bring a replacement in I wouldn't imagine it weakening us.

I believe he had another calamity moment last night?

Christ no, let them have him. It'd be the call to action we need to bring in a proper left-back. Konchesky is long past his best, and Schlupp not experienced enough to depend upon for a whole season.

I would suggest the first thing to do would be to source a new and reliable left back, before we proceed to get rid of the only one we have

I would suggest the first thing to do would be to source a new and reliable left back, before we proceed to get rid of the only one we have

Stop it Homer, with your crazy logic. We should sell all our players so that we can afford to buy Messi. That'd show em.

I'm sure the management team have been looking for a left-back, selling what others may think of as our starter could cause them to put their prices up though.

Konchesky signed a contract extension on reduced terms towards the end of January. At this point we were well on course to go up so clearly in the plans of NP. I'd be amazed if we sold him.

I took those reduced terms as meaning he was expecting to be back up rather than the starter. So if offered anything I'd be tempted to take it, no telling how he feels himself about being a member of a first team again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669