The crunch

Who do you think will join Scunny and Colchester in lge 1

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and Hendrie will be up for it.

..sorry to say Mr Hendrie will not be playing that game, still contracted to them, only loaned to us, so not allowed to play, will be a real tester as he seems to have rejuvenated the team.....fingers crossed for something out of it though, other than a loss of course....:):038:

Last edited:
I think it's a situation that will fluctuate every week with enough teams in the mix to keep it very interesting.

As many people have said, this is a division without a lot of quality - and a big contrast to the premiership where results are much more predictable.

The good thing is that two of the relegation places have been booked - and quite rightly so as neither Colchester nor Scunthorpe belong in the second tier.

Taking that sort of view I would prefer Barnsley to be relegated - but I don't have a clue now as to how it will all finish.

Does anyone know if there are any previous examples of clubs being punished for having too many loan players/having ineligible players in the squad?

Covscum still not out of it. They will be disappointed to concede an injury time leveller tonight.
They have 5 to go with games against Watford, Stoke, Wolves, and Charlton still to play.

Isn't it rubbish that we're sat here talking about relegation AGAIN? I was very excited about this season. I will be about next as well. Who's betting we'll be having a similar discussion this time next year?

Oh, and for what it's worth; I think Norwich might be surprise contenders for the drop. Just a hunch mind. We're still fecked.

Isn't it rubbish that we're sat here talking about relegation AGAIN? I was very excited about this season. I will be about next as well. Who's betting we'll be having a similar discussion this time next year?

Oh, and for what it's worth; I think Norwich might be surprise contenders for the drop. Just a hunch mind. We're still fecked.

If we get rid of IH and get Dowie in then I think we will be back here next season.

Stick with IH and I think this time season we will most probably be calling for his head because we lost the last game of the season thus finishing 7th

I'm not sure. I'm looking at mid-table at best. Every year I get hopeful, and every year I'm let-down. Anyway, you heard it hear first - Norwich are gonners!

Stick with IH and I think this time season we will most probably be calling for his head because we lost the last game of the season thus finishing 7th

I genuinely think that under Holloway's outstanding leadership that we might well finish higher than 7th in League 1 next season.

I genuinely think that under Holloway's outstanding leadership that we might well finish higher than 7th in League 1 next season.
Who can be 'sectioned' under the Mental Health Act 1983?
People with different types of defined "mental disorder" can be admitted to hospital against their will under the Act.
These include those with "severe mental impairment", "psychopathic disorder" or "mental illness".
What happens during the sectioning process?
A patient can be sectioned if they are perceived to be a threat to themselves or other people.
Generally, a patient can only be sectioned if two doctors and a social worker or a close relative of the patient believe it is necessary.
One of these doctors is usually a psychiatrist. The other is often a doctor who knows the patient well.
However, in an emergency one doctor's recommendation may be sufficient.
An approved social worker also has to be involved in the assessment, and has to agree that being sectioned is the best course of action for that patient.
The social worker then makes the application for a place in secure accommodation for the patient.
Sectioning a patient enables doctors to assess the extent of the patient's mental disorder and, if necessary, to administer treatment.

People with different types of defined "mental disorder" can be admitted to hospital against their will under the Act.
These include those with "severe mental impairment", "psychopathic disorder" or "mental illness".
A patient can be sectioned if they are perceived to be a threat to themselves or other people.
Generally, a patient can only be sectioned if two doctors and a social worker or a close relative of the patient believe it is necessary.
One of these doctors is usually a psychiatrist. The other is often a doctor who knows the patient well.
An approved social worker also has to be involved in the assessment, and has to agree that being sectioned is the best course of action for that patient.
The social worker then makes the application for a place in secure accommodation for the patient.
Sectioning a patient enables doctors to assess the extent of the patient's mental disorder and, if necessary, to administer treatment.

Thanks Bob - very helpful. I'm just preparing my list of potential patients.

Weird - I still haven't changed my mind on the 'we're going down' swingometer, but I can't bring myself to vote for us to be the dropping team on this thread. I think that's termed 'confusion' ;)

Actually I'm just worried that as soon as anyone relaxes and thinks "we'll be OK" the whole thing will come crashing down again. Looked at objectively it's far too tight to call - and it's perfectly possible that Blackpool could be drawn into it too.

Voted for Coventry, but only because I want them to go down. Personally I think Barnsley will get to the Cup final but get relegated!

That has to be the best post I've seen on here, post of the year maybe, but how did you know all that ?:icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669