The end of the World

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was expecting a minus figure on their website by now but the countdown is still stuck on zero.

Shambles.

days.jpg

The idiot comes down to earth.

Love these bits:

The question of whether he will be apologising to the followers who quit their jobs and in some cases spent their life savings spreading his doomsday message is for now un-answered.

“I’m not disappointed,” he said. “I thought the world would end this weekend. That hasn’t happened. But I still believe it is coming soon. Apart from the May 21st thing, everything else that Mr Camping told us is probably still true. It has to be, because it is taken directly from the Bible of which he’s a great scholar.”

and the best bit...........

In the background a crowd of 100 atheists and gay rights activists greeted the supposed moment of “rapture” by playing disco music and releasing helium-filled sex dolls into the air.

and the best bit...........

In the background a crowd of 100 atheists and gay rights activists greeted the supposed moment of “rapture” by playing disco music and releasing helium-filled sex dolls into the air.

and the most tragic bit:
in California’s Antelope Valley, a 47-year-old mother of two, Lyn Benedetto was recently arrested for attempted murder-suicide after slitting the throat and wrists of her two daughters, because she was convinced that the world is ending.

Jebus, some people really are nuts. Glad the kids are ok...and I'd imagine they've had enough of religion for a lifetime after this.

In New York’s Times Square, Robert Fitzpatrick, a Family Radio Listener who spent his life savings of $140,000 on billboards advertising the May 21st prophesy told the Associated Press that he was “surprised” to still be standing there at 6.01pm. “I can’t tell you how I feel right now,” he said.
:081::081::081: Brilliant!

I just can't people who get so caught up just because one guy claims to know. I'm sure a lot of people have that little thought of "what if he's right..." but to spend your life savings on it?! Mental.

I just can't people who get so caught up just because one guy claims to know. I'm sure a lot of people have that little thought of "what if he's right..." but to spend your life savings on it?! Mental.

There's no accounting for people's reliance on religion ruling their lives.

Bit annoyed about that, its now on my birthday!!

I might start a cult. I'll call it the United Church of Immemsely Stupid People With More Money Than Sense.

Induction course is £15,000 (plus £25,000 admin fee).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669