The England Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
England played ok, but ok is not good enough.

We should have won that game by a few goals, we had enough chaces.

I think Rooney should be dropped from the next game. I no he is a good player and everything but he doesn't score many and surely thats what strikers main aim is?

Give Defoe or Bent a starting place and replace Downing with Wright Phillips who looked lively

Let's put it down to one of those days - too many players not playing to their potential. Downing is inadequate - his crossing was, again, abysmal. Rooney needs a longer rest. The only ones to emerge with their stock improved were King and Carrick.

On the other hand, Macedonia did a good job- they looked far from being a bowl of mixed vegetables. Clearly done their homework after the first game, pparticularly on shutting Crouch out. Played to their strengths and covered their weaknesses.

Last edited:
Well, it's been a few weeks since the last one.

Needs a dropping..looks good when he has the world's best teeing him up at Chelsea.

Didnt rate him at West Ham really.

King's exclusion means Brown in, never really disgraced in an England shirt to be fair.

I thought Ferdinand was going to be fit?
Gerrard should play in Lampards place and either SWP or Lennon on the right wing..when they are available.Gerrard is wastedand has never once playedin his best position for England.

I thought Ferdinand was going to be fit?
Gerrard should play in Lampards place and either SWP or Lennon on the right wing..when they are available.Gerrard is wastedand has never once playedin his best position for England.

3-5-2 is to be played HF, thats what the papers down here are reporting

---Robbo--

--Brown--Ferdinand--Terry

W-Phillips---Gerrard---Lampard---Parker---Downing

---Crouch---Rooney---

Likely team, Downing and Lampard shouldn't be there. The only time I can remember Gerrard being in his correct position for England was under Keegan's management.

I still think our team has too many players who know they will be picked irrespective of form. Lampard being the most obvious.

For me Lampard is second best to Gerrard and Gerrard is arguably the best in the world in central midfield. The competition should be a good thing and yet we are contorting the team to fit Lampard into it.

Lampard and all his followers and praisers are disillusioned fukwits

I think Lampard just takes it that he will play for granted,he's not even half the player Gerrard is IMO

What's the betting he pops up and scores the winner tomorrow? that should guarantee another 25 caps for him....

Last edited:
I think Lampard just takes it that he will play for granted,he's not even half the player Gerrard is IMO

he is twice the player gerrard is...well in terms of weight anyway.

Englands problem is and has been for a number of years now that there are to many bloody nancy boys on big money wages that cant really be arsed playing for england as they dont get paid for it. they would rather be off buying their fiancees a nice new bentley the day before a big match than stuffing the likes of macedonia at home. Anyone who says well didnt macedonia do well needs a good f**ing from some thai lady boy (dont say it just for the chance Homer;) ). We should have beat them and we didnt. we wont win a single tournament till some of these boys realise that they do not have a god given right to play for their country and that they need to train harder and play better for their country than at any other time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669