The Family Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.
But why ?

They've paid their money and they are entitled to enjoy their football in whatever way they choose - and if that means eating, drinking reading or sleeping then why should they be dictated to as to how they must behave ?

I hear what you're saying - I just don't understand why anybody would want to pay to behave like that. It's almost as if it's a coincidence that some men are playing football in the background.

I used to sit in P2 and found the stewarding very relaxed - a bit too relaxed as they never used to tell folk off for smoking. Most games they would just have a natter to themselves.
Also, I never heard anybody sing in our area at all. One girl who used to sit next to us would lie across her dad's knee and go to sleep and she was about 6/7 years old! Other kids would bring colouring books and games consoles. The ones that really ticked me off though, were the adults who would bring a picnic hamper and eat and drink the whole way through the game.I really think that these sort of supporters should just stay at home and watch a match on the telly.

I agree with those who say that the family area should be moved to the South Stand and let's have the Kop back next to the away fans and behind the goal.

The parents are to blame in that case,they have probably just taken them rather than find someone to look after them.I see little point in taking an Under 8 a Football match but i might be wrong

I hear what you're saying - I just don't understand why anybody would want to pay to behave like that. It's almost as if it's a coincidence that some men are playing football in the background.

But that's a family stand for you - it's for families to sit in and behave in whatever way they wish

Maybe the parents want to watch the footy and have no choice but to take their kids - and so the whole thing is a big day out/picnic

Or maybe that's just the way they are - you can't impose your own views on others as to how they should react at a football match.
It's just plain wrong

I personally don't want to jump up and down for a full 90 minutes waving my scarf, banging drum and spending half of the time singing and pointing at the opposition fans. Fifteen years ago I might have, but not now, thanks - but I'm more than happy for the ultras to do it in their own little section - it really is none of my business as long as I don't have to do it as well

But that's a family stand for you - it's for families to sit in and behave in whatever way they wish

Maybe the parents want to watch the footy and have no choice but to take their kids - and so the whole thing is a big day out/picnic

Or maybe that's just the way they are - you can't impose your own views on others as to how they should react at a football match.
It's just plain wrong

I personally don't want to jump up and down for a full 90 minutes waving my scarf, banging drum and spending half of the time singing and pointing at the opposition fans. Fifteen years ago I might have, but not now, thanks - but I'm more than happy for the ultras to do it in their own little section - it really is none of my business as long as I don't have to do it as well

You couldn't anyway

It's just plain wrong

I know :icon_redf
Sorry, I'll back off now as I can't say what I want to eloquently enough.
It just seems that a lot of people are unhappy by their surrounding supporters and there could be a solution.

It just seems that a lot of people are unhappy by their surrounding supporters and there could be a solution.

Especially the people who sit near me.........

Some people are just miserable and like nothing more than to moan and complain MG.....:icon_wink

My cousin is 7 and we take him to the Kop. He used to only last 70 minutes before he got bored and needed to color in, but now he loves it as much as the adults, so I guess it pays off getting him in early.

However I would delight in smacking the 11 year old behind me who uses the word c*nt alot and calls every ref and player f*cking bummers.

I could also hit his dad for letting him

all im saying is if the family's dont like us in the family stand they can get stuffed

Last edited:
all im saying is if the family's dont like us in the family stand they can get stuffed

So by the same token, if they all came and sat all nice and quiet in "your" stand, they would have every right to tell you to get stuffed, and you would accept it.

(I think not)

The Ultra's or Spion Kopites whatever you are called was a good idea as there did need to be an improvement in what was no atmosphere. But people like you give them no credit whatsoever with comments like that and give people every right to think that you are a complete fcukin tosser! You should stick to thinking of ways to make it even better to incorporate all the fans if they wish instead of driving fans away trying to create, what would be almost a civil war!

The families have more right than you to be in there as it is their stand and if you dared to act in that manner at the Walkers they would probably rip your head off and shit down your neck, and quite rightly so!

Oh and Melton, we just won 3-0 against Covscum, we got Mandaric, they just appointed the Elephant Man as manager, we're going to stay up, they're going down! Its happy days!! Cheer up - least your Xbox works!! ;) :038::038::038::038:

Last edited:
so its alright if they tell me to get out there stand, but when they come in the kop we have to just get on with it,
and its alright if they invade are stand but soon as we step foot in the family stand the complaints come flying in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670