The Foreign Football Thread 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see South Africa failed to qualify for the African Nations because they didnt read the rules!!
They played out a draw thinking that was what they needed when in fact they needed to win.
The TV announced the Qualification even - what a joke.

Further to my other post South Africa are now challenging the rules

(We) wish to signal that we intend to challenge this interpretation and application of the rules," said Safa in a statement.

In case of equality of points between two or more teams, after all the group matches, the ranking of the teams shall be established according to the following criteria:
14.1 Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the concerned teams
• NIGER qualify after taking six points from their matches involving South Africa and Sierra Leone, while the latter duo could only tally five

Do you think I would have left (striker Lehlohonolo) Majoro on the bench and put on a midfielder if I knew that we needed a goal? It doesn't make sense
South Africa coach Pitso Mosimane

Last edited:
Further to my other post South Africa are now challenging the rules

In case of equality of points between two or more teams, after all the group matches, the ranking of the teams shall be established according to the following criteria:
14.1 Greater number of points obtained in the matches between the concerned teams
• NIGER qualify after taking six points from their matches involving South Africa and Sierra Leone, while the latter duo could only tally five

What are they bitching about? Just slip the organisers a few pound and they'll be sorted. That's how it works in Africa, it's not goals scored, it's dollars bribed.

Biggest game in European football of the season so far: Dortmund vs Bayern in a min on ESPN.

No, it's not on til then, you're right. I thought it was on live, but it's not, it's just the repeat. :icon_conf Trying to avoid the score until then.

Last edited:
Cracking performance and result that.

Super Mario. :icon_cool

Yeah, both set up to be crackers. Haven't had much of a chance to watch them this season so far, but they seem to be picking up now after a shaky start. Could be a great title race in the Bundesliga this season in prospect.

Basel for Champions League next phase rather than Man U at the moment.
1-0 to Basel and Vidic injured and off now.
Sir Alex is not a happy bunny

Man Utd and Man City in the Europa League?

Manchester could be in mourning tonight!!

Last edited:
Come on Bayern! Knock ManCity out!

Napoli have just scored. ManCity are on their way out. :081:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675