The Foreign Football Thread 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

New season on the horizon. Predictions? etc.

A Pirlo-less Milan to become a shadow of their former selves?
A Pirlo-ful Juventus to rise again?
Ronaldo to beat Ferenc Deak's record for the most goals in a single season in the history of European football?
Diego Forlan to win the European Golden Boot for the 3rd time, yet still British commentators will maintain he's shit and go on about his "failure" at ManUtd?
Feyenoord's capitulation to continue seeing them getting relegated from the Eridivise for the first time?
Paulo Sousa to lead Videoton to Champions League glory?

Last edited:
I just looked it up and apparently Videoton have already been knocked out of the CL by Sturm Graz.

Anyone seen this recent goal by Neymar? Absolutely incredible!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seen this recent goal by Neymar? Absolutely incredible!

Yupp. Makes me think of The Police somg:Every little thing he does is magic!

Must have been a fantastic game to watch. The goal from Neymar made it 3-0 to Santos after 25 mins but before half time Flamengo had equalised. Neymar scored another in the 2nd half before two goals from good old Ronaldinho completed his hattrick and the game ended 5-4 to Flamengo

Yeah, that match looked an absolute screamer. That goal looks even better in this video, as you get the great skill and one-two a lot better to begin with, it's better than Maradona's solo effort imo.

Just watched the Simulcast of DFB Pokal First Round. Some cracking atmospheres and games.

Wolfsburg lost to fourth-tier Red Bull Leipzig (though there's a bit of Crawley about them) and second-tier Union Berlin just lost to fourth-tier Rot-Weiss Essen on pens.

Last edited:
Tore Andre Flo (38) made his comeback for Sogndal as they drew 1-1 with Rosenborg in the Norwegian prem yesterday

Last edited:
I didn't watch it. I was out.

Anyone watch Barca-Real last night?

Brilliant game. Real gave a half-strength Barca a lesson. If there was ever a case for pushing on an opponent in possession, Real showcased it last night.

Lovely scheduling for Wednesday night, straight after the Brizzle game.

Milan v Lazio 2-2 after just over half an hour. Is Serie A always this entertaining? I must admit I haven't paid much attention in recent years... Will start watching now.

Last edited:
Forza Lazio!!

Nice to see Klose playing and scoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675