The Foreign Football Thread 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pause it when the ball is played, it doesn't look offside then.

Yep, certianly level with the defender on the edge of the area.

Its a lovely volley, reminds me of this beauty which was nominated for the Puskas award (most beautiful goal) a couple of years ago;

Last edited by a moderator:
Hibernian fail to see the funny side of stadium announcer playing a Beatles song at half-time

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddbal...ch-of-conduct-after-beatles-gag#ixzz2CIeRX7CI
Willie Docherty faced the chop after he played ‘Taxman’ by the Fab Four at half-time of Hibs’ 2-1 win over Dundee United on Sunday, as a not-so-subtle dig at financially-troubled neighbours Hearts who were issued with a winding-up order over a £450,000 unpaid tax bill.

scoopy snoopy dog dog buying into celtic?

scoopy snoopy dog dog buying into celtic?

So it looks possible. He might get "my man David" in a hoops shirt.
HIP HOP superstar Snoop Dogg has revealed he wants to buy a share in Celtic.

The Los Angeles-based rapper says he wants a seat on the board and is ready to shell out millions to get involved at the Parkhead club.

He said he has discussed his plans with pal David Beckham and claims he’ll get Becks into a Hoops jersey.

Snoop was inspired to get involved after watching the club, who are worth around £30million, beat Barcelona in the Champions League earlier this month.

He said: “I got a lot of interest in soccer. It’s not a new thing for hip hop stars to invest in sports teams but it is a new thing for hip hop stars to invest in soccer teams.

“I didn’t catch the whole Barcelona game but I watched the highlights. I know Barcelona are
a big deal, and it shows Celtic are a big deal as well.

“I see how passionate Celtic fans are about their team and I could see myself making an investment if any of the board wanted to sell.

“I haven’t really thought how much. I don’t need to run a soccer club but enough of a percentage to get me on the board so I can be heard.
“I want to bring a bit of Snoop to things.

“I am passionate about my sport. The boxes at Celtic would never be the same once I have hosted a party there.”

Snoop, 41, a qualified football coach who trains his son’s school team, sounded out ex- Manchester United player and now LA Galaxy star Beckham for advice.

He said: “I asked my man David about Celtic and he was like, ‘Yeah, teams don’t come much bigger’.

“I would try and sign him up for a season but he is pretty happy over here. LA is home for him and his family now – but I would have to at least make that offer to my boy.

“We have lunch when we can, so next time, you know, I am going to speak to him about it. Never say never.”

The music producer and actor has been a fan of Celtic since he was pictured in a Hoops top in 2005.

Today, his favourite player is striker Georgios Samaras. He said: “I like Samaras a lot. He looks like a proper athlete and is a pretty dangerous player. If we are to go far in Europe, he needs to play well.”

And Snoop, who was once banned from coming to the UK after a series of drug and firearms offences, says he is so serious that he’d even consider buying a “crib” – or home – here to keep an eye on his investment.

The reformed character – who has sold more than 30million albums worldwide – said: “I love Scotland. I am so happy my UK ban is up. I love British Indian restaurants, man – but the best one I ever had was in Glasgow. The food blew me away, man.

“When I am away, I like to stay in hotels and have people look after me. But if I had investment in Celtic, that’s a different story. Maybe I would look for a crib over there.”

Snoop– who is is due back in the UK next year and has a documentary about his life, Reincarnation, also due for release – is not the only rap superstar to have a passion for Celtic.

Beyonce’s rapper husband Jay-Z was once snapped wearing a scarf.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/enterta...ts-set-1443321

Norwegian season ended today. Solskjaer's Molde Champions for the 2nd time. Strømsgodset 2nd and Rosenborg 3rd. 2008 champs Stabaek relegated along with Fredrikstad. Only the cup final and the play offs remain. Tromso will play 2nd level Hodd in the cup final. If Hodd win they qualify for Europe. They have a tiny stadium with no flood lights so will probably have to play at someone else's ground.

Norwegian season ended today. Solskjaer's Molde Champions for the 2nd time. Strømsgodset 2nd and Rosenborg 3rd. 2008 champs Stabaek relegated along with Fredrikstad. Only the cup final and the play offs remain. Tromso will play 2nd level Hodd in the cup final. If Hodd win they qualify for Europe. They have a tiny stadium with no flood lights so will probably have to play at someone else's ground.

How did Bodø/Glimt do? I really enjoyed my trip to Nordland and the Aspmyra in the Levein era.

How about Lillestrom?

iPad autocorrect trouble. Hence the editing

Horribelt is apt - the central belt of Scotland should be renamed the horribelt.

Indeed. And a rather unlikeable footy team.

... with a rather unlikeable fat fan who thought he would take on the City fans in a bar before the game and again in the ground during the match. He had little support from his fellows though and a personal intervention by Jan Åge Fjørtoft saw him hauled away by the police.

... with a rather unlikeable fat fan who thought he would take on the City fans in a bar before the game and again in the ground during the match. He had little support from his fellows though and a personal intervention by Jan Åge Fjørtoft saw him hauled away by the police.
Their fans have been making some trouble this season. Last weekend against Valerenga the game was stopped for 15 mins. due to their "ultras" behaving like idiots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669