The Foreign Football Thread 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my favourite players of all time, Juán Román Riquelme, played his last game last night (lost the Copa Libertadores final with Boca Juniors).

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...be-best-paid-player-in-the-world-8102793.html

I find it hard to side with Ronaldo whatever his emotions or reasons are? Just shut the **** up and get on doing what you are paid to do ... playing sport.

Just seen the video in the random video thread so may have been scooped. Guess I am a bit out of the news here especially when the only story to break is this one http://www.sportal.com.au/bz-opinion-display/del-piero-coup-yet-to-excite-punters-196714

I could go to the Nagoya Grampus v Sanfrecce Hiroshima match on Saturday but I'm not sure if I will, the last J-League match I went to also freatured Sanfrecce and was possibly the worst live game of football I've ever seen, I will also only just have flown in so might be more interested in having a kip.

It's 5th v 1st in league so might be interesting.

I was looking forward to watching Nuremberg versus Eintracht Frankfurt on ESPN. Why the feck do they have darts on instead? Bastards.

Last edited:
Matias Almeyda gives a pretty damning verdict on Italian football:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...rmer-Argentina-midfielder-Matias-Almeyda.html

I love this, Almeyda was so disgusted with corrupted Italian football that he chose to only stay and play there and earn his living from it for 8 years. And now he shows his true saint like qualities by bringing it all to our attention in a fantastically priced piece of literature.

A true beacon of truth and clarity in an ocean of fraud and corruption.

God bless him

Great stuff by Miroslav Klose for Lazio the other night. Glad to see some honesty and sportsmanship highlighted in a game that often gets accused of a lack of it.

Went to my first live A league game today. Sydney FC v Newcastle Jets. Del Piero vs Heskey.

Seen a few A League games on the telly and they have been shit. Really enjoyed tonight though. 35,000 turned up to watch this and I was treated to some very good goals. Heskey scored a blinding volley. The standard might not be great but it was good value for $25aus. Saw quite a few Leicester in the crowd tonight which was good. Both Newcastle and Sydney fans were in good voice which I didn't expect. I was in the Newcastle end as a Leicester friend of mine is a Jets fan. Newcastle fans sang non stop and I was impressed by their array of songs and wit. After Heskey's goal a full 5 mins of Na nanananananana Naaaaaaaaaa You are Heskey's Bitch ......Heskey's Bitch ...... You.... Are Heskey's Bi..itch..
IMG_7390.jpg

IMG_7407.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7420.jpg
    IMG_7420.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696