Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2017/18 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Puel should have suggested that they both look out for the lesser spotted Drinkwater, rarely seen these days but with some alarming new plumage. It should serve as a warning of a slow, lingering, death of a footballer that thinks he can do better.

He's earning a canny penny to sit and hold hands with Barkley. Unlike Ross, his manager hasnt came out and moaned about having him playing for them.

If it weren't bad enough for him already it got worse when they signed Barkley. He'll be back at either a low level prem or up coming championship side before you know it. We've certainly upgraded on him with Silva and even James is as good IMO. Nowadays there's not a lot between Kante and Ndidi either IMO.

Nowadays there's not a lot between Kante and Ndidi either IMO.

I was thinking something similar recently. In as much as I like where we are now and my man-love for N'golo has waned.

I rarely see him play these days (obviously) but when I do, I see a different player. His game's changed, which is understandable, so it's just not the same. I'm over him and I'd be ambivalent about him coming back.... which, given what we'd have to pay, is a good thing.

Hes now a small fish in a big pond as opposed to a big fish in a small pond.. so to speak. Same will likely happen to Mahrez if/when he goes. Kante and Drinkwater are a good example to Mahrez really. To be fair it's worked out fairly well for Kante, hes still a great player, hes won another title and playing in Europe again - hes just not in the limelight so much these days. Drinkwater on the other hand, isn't getting much game - looks like hes blown his chances of getting in the England set up again and will likely move onto another club still hoping for that next trophy.

So, in moving to Chelsea, has Drinkwater been badly advised, thought he was better than he actually is, or both?

Rumour at the time was that Conte didn't want him but the club did, probably to help with the "home grown" quota.

It's depressing watching Kante play for Chelsea. A complete waste of his talents.

He has been exceptional for them and plays pretty much the same role in breaking up play and getting the ball moving forward as he did for us. Last year he won Chelsea's players' player of the year, the nationwide PFA Players’ Player of the Year, the Football Writers’ Footballer of the Year and the Premier League Player of the Year. He is hardly wasting his talents is he.

To say there isn't much between him and Ndidi or that we wouldn't be so much better with him in the team doesn't make any sense. Ndidi is great at the moment but Kante he ain't!

He has been exceptional for them and plays pretty much the same role in breaking up play and getting the ball moving forward as he did for us. Last year he won Chelsea's players' player of the year, the nationwide PFA Players’ Player of the Year, the Football Writers’ Footballer of the Year and the Premier League Player of the Year. He is hardly wasting his talents is he.

To say there isn't much between him and Ndidi or that we wouldn't be so much better with him in the team doesn't make any sense. Ndidi is great at the moment but Kante he ain't!

Kante has been dogshit this season.

Kante has been dogshit this season.
He has definitely been half the player he was last season or the season before. But even half of what he was still makes him a damn good player in my opinion.

I’d have him ahead of Ndidi at this moment in time. However, Ndidi is very young and could potentially be better than Kante one day in the future, and Ndidi has had a fantastic last few games. But he still has a lot to prove to be mentioned in the same breath as Kante.

Last few games he's been very poor indeed. Speak to any (normal) Chelsea fan and they'll tell you he's unrecognisable from the complete genius they saw last season (and we saw the season before)

But he's playing at a club who are simply all over the place - it's not just him who looks dogshite. He'll come back when Conte stops being a pathetic mardy twat, or gets fired

Comparing him to Ndidi, though, is just plain daft. Behave FFS

Last few games he's been very poor indeed. Speak to any (normal) Chelsea fan and they'll tell you he's unrecognisable from the complete genius they saw last season (and we saw the season before)

But he's playing at a club who are simply all over the place - it's not just him who looks dogshite. He'll come back when Conte stops being a pathetic mardy twat, or gets fired

Comparing him to Ndidi, though, is just plain daft. Behave FFS

Yeah, Hazard against us was awful. He couldn't even pass the ball 5 yards. It's the Chelsea way after a league win for some reason. When the manager is moaning to the media about the reserve duffers they're signing then things aren't likely to go well.

Does this transfer mean that they won’t buy Mahrez?

D5118BFF-D662-48CF-A54A-D67B564FEFAC.jpeg

Kante back to Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572