Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2017/18 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
John Percy says 3 striker departures before the end of the transfer window - Ulloa back to Brighton, Musa back to CSKA on loan on Monday, and Slimani.

No expected inward transfers.

It's also being reported that we won't loan out Musa, we want a permanent deal, and he wants to stay in this country.

I suspect you’re right that we’d rather sell, but if no one is coming in with a permanent offer then loan is best option for now.

Percy is rarely wrong.

Surprised we're getting rid of both Ulloa and Slimani.

Maybe Puel doesn’t see a target man as necessary with the style of play he wants us to have.

Having said that, if we’re not going to recoup a significant chunk of the money we spent on Slimani, I’d rather we kept him. I think he’s a useful player. Doesn’t seem to work with Vardy unfortunately but still think he’s a good alternative.

Sounds to me like we've tried to get rid of these three permanently and have failed so now they'll go on loan with us picking up most of their wages.

We'll have no strikers left at this rate...

From the Mirror:

Kelechi Iheancacho wants to leave Leicester, with Newcastle still waiting patiently in the wings.

The Nigerian, who scored twice in the 5-1 FA Cup win over Peterborough, has started just two Premier League games since his £25m summer move from Manchester City.

A deal depends on Toon’s pursuit of Feyenoord’s Nicolai Jorgensen.

All three of Musa, Ulloa and Slimani will be on absolutely stupid wages.

Lenny got the sweetheart deal, Slimani and Musa were both signed in land of milk of honey. Will be very difficult to move them on, unless they are desperate for games.

There is something about Iheancacho's body language and demeanor (in interviews and on the pitch) that does suggest to me that he isn't full of the joys of spring. Of course, he could just be a surly yoof.

So it wouldn't surprise me if he wants away. That said, I'd prefer him to stay and enjoy his football.

There is something about Iheancacho's body language and demeanor (in interviews and on the pitch) that does suggest to me that he isn't full of the joys of spring. Of course, he could just be a surly yoof.

So it wouldn't surprise me if he wants away. That said, I'd prefer him to stay and enjoy his football.

He’s a right happy chap on Instagram. I think players are very self conscious when they’re talking to Sky or the BBC because anything they say out of the ordinary or remotely contraversial (‘I want more game time’) gets pounced upon and turned into a ‘news’ story.

Coming through a savy new money club like Man City I’m sure he’s very aware of how the news and social media work.

He’s a right happy chap on Instagram.

Well, I wouldn't know about that ;) But I'll take you word for it.

Don't some players have agents/others to do their social media gubbins? (Not saying Iheancacho does btw, just interested)

Getting rid of Ulloa, Slimani and Musa will be good for all concerned. It was pretty plain to see that Musa and Slimani were both bereft of quality a few games after they joined and neither has improved. The argument of course will be along the lines of 'they never get game time' but perhaps there is a reason for this. Ulloa will leave well liked having played his part in oir Premier League survival and success and will do well for Brighton or Villa. Getting rid of Iheanacho however would be utter madness.

Chelsea considering a bid of £150m for Hazard.
If he does go, expect the Mahrez links to start flying around (if they haven't already)

Well, I wouldn't know about that ;) But I'll take you word for it.

Don't some players have agents/others to do their social media gubbins? (Not saying Iheancacho does btw, just interested)

Yes - I think the majority of them let their agents do it from what I’ve seen. Or at least let their agents have access to do the occasional post for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566