Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an interesting article in The Athletic (written by Sam Lee) about Man City's failures in the transfer market last summer.

It turns out that they had been in discussions with both Maguire and Chilwell during last season and had led both to believe that they'd be signing them. A contract had been agreed with Maguire and Chilwell had been told verbally that he was their main target.

As it turned out, Man City apparently realised that they couldn't shift Otamendi or Mendy so were stuck with them and couldn't then afford to sign Maguire (also because Man Utd were prepared to outbid them). Chilwell was apparently told by Man City at the end of April that he wouldn't be going there after all because of their finances.

I seem to recall Guardiola on the pitch after the match there in early May talking to both Maguire and Chilwell.

1573555148607.png

Consider our current side. I imagine that 7-8 of them have agents that are currently being bombarded with interested clubs sounding them out for moves in January/next summer. All will be offering players more money than we can pay. How are we going to handle this?

I don't know, but I'd rather our players were in demand, as that shows they're playing well. It's a tough conundrum, but at least we're not in a position where they're all doggo and no-one wants them, including us.

I have a real internal wrestle on these issues.

As a fan not only are we attached to our club but due to success we naturally get attached to players. Perhaps, somehow we (as fans) need to think of the players more as a commodity then we won’t get so attached and therefore disappointed when they leave.

How we get to, and stay at the top table is a gradual process which also has to include the training ground expansion alongside a 45,000 stadium mirroring our success on the pitch.

I don’t EVER want us to pay £250-£350 k per week as I can’t see how this is sustainable long term or even medium term.

This therefore draws me to the conclusion that our current strategy of burying ‘cheap’ at £20 m and keeping the player for 3 years to sell on at a healthy profit while bringing in other replacements ‘ready made’ is correct.

Realistically we can’t hold on to all our players but perhaps due to the unique ‘family’ feel we have generated we may, in the future still see a Vardy and a Schmeichel amongst our long serving players.

We are currently doing brilliantly and I fully expect a stadium expansion announcement this season.

There is an interesting article in The Athletic (written by Sam Lee) about Man City's failures in the transfer market last summer.

It turns out that they had been in discussions with both Maguire and Chilwell during last season and had led both to believe that they'd be signing them. A contract had been agreed with Maguire and Chilwell had been told verbally that he was their main target.

As it turned out, Man City apparently realised that they couldn't shift Otamendi or Mendy so were stuck with them and couldn't then afford to sign Maguire (also because Man Utd were prepared to outbid them). Chilwell was apparently told by Man City at the end of April that he wouldn't be going there after all because of their finances.

I seem to recall Guardiola on the pitch after the match there in early May talking to both Maguire and Chilwell.

View attachment 15046

Consider our current side. I imagine that 7-8 of them have agents that are currently being bombarded with interested clubs sounding them out for moves in January/next summer. All will be offering players more money than we can pay. How are we going to handle this?
Is this not illegal?

Probably explains why Chilwell's head wasn't in the right place at the start of the season.
Or had played a lot of nations league international football and was a but behind the rest..

Our expansion of youth set up and the players we will be able to attract this Jan and June off the back of the seasons start alone will see us good for the next 2 or 3 years. And if youd said in 2013 that wed spend the next 10 years in the top half of the premier league and sometimes in the top 4 then theyd have ripped your arm off

Leicester City are being linked with a bargain January move for Metz forward Habibou Diallo.

It is not the first time the Foxes have been mentioned in connection with the 24-year-old with TEAMtalk the latest outlet to report an interest.

Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle have also been touted as possible destinations for the striker, who has scored eight goals in 13 Ligue 1 games this season.

Leicester City are being linked with a bargain January move for Metz forward Habibou Diallo.

It is not the first time the Foxes have been mentioned in connection with the 24-year-old with TEAMtalk the latest outlet to report an interest.

Chelsea, Tottenham and Newcastle have also been touted as possible destinations for the striker, who has scored eight goals in 13 Ligue 1 games this season.
Sweet Jesus the mercury is a joke these days

Leicester duo Jonny Evans and Caglar Soyuncu are among a number of centre-back options being considered by Manchester City, Sky Sports News understands.

OK, but they cannot have them until the summer after we get replacements in January, and we have qualified for Champions League.

Oh, and it is £120million+ each!

Hopefully the FFP chickens have come to roost by then, and we're thinking about picking up from their firesale instead.

they needed any CB they bought to be "home grown" so Soyuncu would be a non-starter
I'm sure they could get round that with a bit of juggling.

There's a bloke on Blue Moon, who often seems to know a few bits, who is suggesting it's Cags that they want.

I'm sure they could get round that with a bit of juggling.

There's a bloke on Blue Moon, who often seems to know a few bits, who is suggesting it's Cags that they want.
they don't have any spots available in their squad for non home grown players so they have to sell; first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263