Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded autumn/winter 2019/20 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the wide midfield players we need to improve on. Brendan knows we haven't got the quality there though so that's a good sign that we'll be looking to improve there if we don't start getting more from the players we already have there. Re: Maddison, I wouldn't be too fussed if he moved on provided we got a good fee again. I feel like we've already added a decent replacement in bringing in Praet but we would lose that threat from direct free kicks that we have with Maddison. Not a massive loss as it's probably only worth a few goals a season but still a loss.. Would definitely be asking triple figures for him as a minimum given his age, his Englishness and I expect he'll be a regular in the first 11 before too long if he can keep improving.

Maguire is probably finding the 'prestige' of playing for Man U isn't all it's cracked up to be right now and we're clearly a better bet for the top 4 than they are right now. He'd be better off angling for a new deal here right now..

I’d call you a nutter for thinking we could get £100million or more for Maddison but then I remembered what Manure paid for Maguire.

Football is mental.

I’d call you a nutter for thinking we could get £100million or more for Maddison but then I remembered what Manure paid for Maguire.

Football is mental.
I actually meant 8. I can’t count.

sick of all this Maddison talk. It is maddening that the consensus still seems to be that we are a club that can just be plundered.

Can anyone make sense of this policy? Completely bonkers!

From that Telegraph article:

Brendan Rodgers, the Leicester manager, will target a new centre-half in January as he prepares to spend some of the cash generated from the Maguire sale. Croatian centre-half Filip Benkovic may be made available for loan by Rodgers in January, after failing to make a first-team appearance so far this season.

Can anyone make sense of this policy? Completely bonkers!

From that Telegraph article:

Brendan Rodgers, the Leicester manager, will target a new centre-half in January as he prepares to spend some of the cash generated from the Maguire sale. Croatian centre-half Filip Benkovic may be made available for loan by Rodgers in January, after failing to make a first-team appearance so far this season.
Benkovic gets games and we bed Wes' replacement in for the tail end of the season before Wes leaves in the summer.

New signing, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans fight out for starting births next summer

Manchester United are unlikely to sign Leicester City's England defender Ben Chilwell, 22, or midfielder James Maddison, 22, in January. (Manchester Evening News)

I can also report that LCFC are unlikely to sign Lionel Messi, 32, or Cristiano Ronaldo, 34, in January or any other time for that matter. (Volpone)
****ing pessimistic arsehole.

I think if we want to cement our top 6, 4 or 3 credentials with the business we do in Jan I think we should go for McNeil (Burnley), Demirel (Soyuncu's Turkish centre half partner as back up) and then an x factor centre forward to bring off the bench like a Mandzukic or someone that becomes available due to their contract being run down.....

I think if we want to cement our top 6, 4 or 3 credentials with the business we do in Jan I think we should go for McNeil (Burnley), Demirel (Soyuncu's Turkish centre half partner as back up) and then an x factor centre forward to bring off the bench like a Mandzukic or someone that becomes available due to their contract being run down.....
McNeil is a good player but I'm not sure how much, if at all, he's better than what we have.

We have 4 senior CBs so if Demirel comes in its a must to get Benkovic a premier league loan move.
I think Shaqiri would be a get able signing for us and would improve us, him or Ryan Fraser would be my top targets

McNeil is a good player but I'm not sure how much, if at all, he's better than what we have.

We have 4 senior CBs so if Demirel comes in its a must to get Benkovic a premier league loan move.
I think Shaqiri would be a get able signing for us and would improve us, him or Ryan Fraser would be my top targets
Chelsea have Tomori, Christensen, Rudiger Zouma. Man Yoo have Bailly, Lindelof, Maguire, Jones and Rojo, Tottenham have Aldweireld , Vertonghen, Sanchez, Foyth.
We have only 3 who have any prem experience and so need a 4th I reckon. If we get an injury we are in Arsenal territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757