Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
BREAKING NEWS
Sky in Italy are reporting Leicester and Sampdoria have agreed a deal worth an initial £19m for Dennis Praet.
The report suggests the player is set to undergo a medical today.
Sampdoria coach Eusebio Di Francesco spoke to the media after his side's game against Spezia, saying: “I will miss Praet, he’s one of the best midfielders in Italy.
"Now we’ll see what to do in midfield and attack, where we have very few alternatives.”

If Spurs are going in for Lo Celso, Dybala and Sessegnon. We should stick down a cheeky bid for Moura....
Perfect option alongside or on bench for Vardy.

If Spurs are going in for Lo Celso, Dybala and Sessegnon. We should stick down a cheeky bid for Moura....
Perfect option alongside or on bench for Vardy.

Not a chance in hell they're looking to sell Lucas!

I've been feeling good about our summer business for most of the window, but now with Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd all trying to get big moves done over the last few days, I'm a bit concerned what they might end up with... Of course there's a lot of bollocks flying around too plus a lot of speculative moves as people are suddenly rushing to get things done, so it's hard to know where teams will net out.

An interesting one though is the proposed David Luiz to Arsenal move. It would definitely make Arsenal stronger and I think with their signing of Pepe as well then I think would give them enough to keep them in the top 4 and ahead of us.

But if Chelsea lose Luiz, having already lost Hazard, then I really, really don't see them finishing top 6 so it's a huge opportunity for us.

I just think we need 1 or 2 more to really challenge those sides - get Tarkowski and Praet in today and it will look stronger, but I'd still like a winger... Seems unlikely on that front though

Not a chance in hell they're looking to sell Lucas!

I've been feeling good about our summer business for most of the window, but now with Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd all trying to get big moves done over the last few days, I'm a bit concerned what they might end up with... Of course there's a lot of bollocks flying around too plus a lot of speculative moves as people are suddenly rushing to get things done, so it's hard to know where teams will net out.

An interesting one though is the proposed David Luiz to Arsenal move. It would definitely make Arsenal stronger and I think with their signing of Pepe as well then I think would give them enough to keep them in the top 4 and ahead of us.

But if Chelsea lose Luiz, having already lost Hazard, then I really, really don't see them finishing top 6 so it's a huge opportunity for us.

I just think we need 1 or 2 more to really challenge those sides - get Tarkowski and Praet in today and it will look stronger, but I'd still like a winger... Seems unlikely on that front though
David Luiz is shit.

I'm just so excited to see what happens with the countdown clock when it gets to 1 hour! Will it turn red, won't it turn red? I just can't wait!
Surely it’ll go yellow? We can then all worship Jim White as he gets overexcited about nothing.

I'm just so excited to see what happens with the countdown clock when it gets to 1 hour! Will it turn red, won't it turn red? I just can't wait!
They’ve actually moved the date of the window slamming shut to coincide with a total solar eclipse. At exactly 5pm darkness will descend as if to say ‘NO MORE TRANSFERS’.

Legend has it that at 16.59 a child will be born and he will become the next Jim White.

Still infinitely better than Mustafi and Holding at Arsenal. And better than Zouma and Christensen at Chelsea.
Great. I'm decent if you compare me to the one legged bloke who lives next door.

Still no striker? I take it BR is happy with what we have? Can someone educate me on the lad Hirst? the last I read on him he has torn up every level he has played at, he is said to be a very decent striker is he one for the future or will we see anything of him this season?

Surely that should be 'torn up every level he has played at (except the Belgian second tier)' now....

I'm calling it with 5 hours to go.

Meh window. Our rivals have mostly done better than us. We've certainly not advanced in comparison to the sides above and around us.

Congerton out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670