Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've bought Tielemans (who was already here) and Perez, who has potential but is seriously unproven.

How is Perez 'seriously unproven'?

Well he isn't is he, nowhere near being in fact.

How is Tielemens being added and Perez coming in, a proven PL goalscorer, not strengthening the team?
I would argue Perez is the only improvement to what we had last year because we had Tielemans in the squad. Yes I know he was a loan, but he was still in that squad. If we are measuring improvement of a squad he was in we can’t include him as an improvement.

It could easily be argued that the improvement in attack has been offset by the weakening of the defence (loss of Maguire).

I would argue Perez is the only improvement to what we had last year because we had Tielemans in the squad. Yes I know he was a loan, but he was still in that squad. If we are measuring improvement of a squad he was in we can’t include him as an improvement.

It could easily be argued that the improvement in attack has been offset by the weakening of the defence (loss of Maguire).

We only had Tielemans for the final part of the season though, and we improved dramatically in that time.

He will now be in the squad for the entire season as opposed to only half the season. That is an improvement.

Just the fact that we managed to sign Tielemans in the first place was a great piece of business. Add in Perez (and potentially Praet) and we've got an exciting and young attacking midfield.

I hate to think what this place would be like if Tielemans had gone to Man Utd as well...

According to the clock on the top right there's eight hours eleven minutes left...

I've reported it to the developer. It seems to be based on the time on your PC/phone rather than forum time. So it's counting down to 5PM, wherever you are in the world. Which makes it pretty much useless to any site that's got visitors from more than one timezone.

I've reported it to the developer. It seems to be based on the time on your PC/phone rather than forum time. So it's counting down to 5PM, wherever you are in the world. Which makes it pretty much useless to any site that's got visitors from more than one timezone.
Those of us in another time zone could just do the math to calculate GMT

Okay. This makes no sense at all.

I rented a McClaren P1 last year so if I go out and buy one tomorrow it won't really be an improvement on my Honda because I have already driven one.
:icon lol:

It totally makes sense. The question for debate is whether the team has improved. Tielemans was in the team from January. You can’t count that as improvement from last season to this. He was either in the team or he wasn’t.

:icon lol:

It totally makes sense. The question for debate is whether the team has improved. Tielemans was in the team from January. You can’t count that as improvement from last season to this. He was either in the team or he wasn’t.

We averaged 1.53 points a game with Tielemans in the team last season. If we do the same for the whole of the coming season, we'll be six points better off than last season - and that would have been good enough to finish seventh.

So it would be an improvement.

I don't want to get negative about the business the club has done.
We pre-empted Maguire's exit and the requirement for centrebacks by putting Morgan on a 1 year extension and spending £35-£40m on two young international centrebacks last season who have developed further since then. They need to be backed.
We saw the dearth of creative and mobile midfielders and have bought in Tielemans and Praet as well as giving Choudhury great chances to develop alongside Ndidi. Our midfield is now one of the best in the league.
We have bought Barnes back to the club to add to Gray and Albrighton as wide options. Yes. We could have gone balls out and spent £40m on a steallar wide attacker, but those three are very very strong options who have shown they can scare Prem defences between them.
I truly believe that Rodgers thinks he can blow wind into the Iheanacho's sails and get him back to being a dangerous striking option to challenge Vardy.
His real task is Gray. If he can get him to realise his famous potential then we will have the equivalent of that £40m signing on our hands.

Ghezzal, Silva, James, Diabate etc can go

I'm massively undecided on Slimani. He can't let him leave until we have a Plan B style striker in the club.
if he gets Nacho scoring goals consistently he will be up for manager of the decade!!

No. You could do the maths.
And it wouldn't help if you're in Australia, where the countdown hit zero hours ago.
You have a point about Australia. But all of us who live overseas are more than familiar with knowing what time it is in the UK.

I'm now going to put mu cell phone away as i'm on the sidewalk.

if he gets Nacho scoring goals consistently he will be up for manager of the decade!!

I think he can. Particularly with the sort of service he can expect of Ricardo, Chilwell, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes. Albrighton and Praet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669