Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't want him to go but we are in a very good position here. If Harry does want to go (even though Rob Dorsett says not) we can ask for an astronomical figure, perhaps towards £100 million. Both Manchester clubs are desperate for a central defender and everyone knows it.

I will however say, if we keep all our best players and make 3 very good additions, we will be knocking heavily on the door of the top six.

Makes me wonder how we ever conceded goals last season with Ricardo being chased for around £60m, Maguire for £80m, and Chilwell for £70m.

Why isn't our defence the best in the world?

Makes me wonder how we ever conceded goals last season with Ricardo being chased for around £60m, Maguire for £80m, and Chilwell for £70m.

Morgan?

Because they aren't quite the finished article that people think! Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

Because they aren't quite the finished article that people think! Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone!

I agree that all three have room to improve.

And I'd argue that Evans was our best 'defender' last season. He was certainly the most likely organiser, the most composed and street-wise, and easily the best positionally.

Genuinely, I think we've got the second best defence in the league at present - only behind Liverpool.

Much as I love Schmeichel, he's now our weakest link defensively.

The media surrounding us is not very positive. All who wants our players and how other clubs are in the box seat for our best assets as though consent is a formality.

Sorry reading that back I accept it was not well written.

The point I was making was that the media surrounding our club is less than positive. It seems to all be about which players are leaving, for how much, and where. Even the mercury. It is almost disrespectful. The inference seems to be that little Leicester are powerless much of the time.

And what we all hope is that little old Leicester stick two fingers up at the big boys and follow that by breaking into the top six.

Evans is the only defender in that group. I'm adamant we'd concede less goals with Morgan in for Maguire. Obviously wouldn't make sense to do it because of everything else Maguire can bring.

If I desperately wanted a clean sheet I reckon I'd still start both Fuchs and Morgan. People will think that's insane, of course. I'm not saying either is better than Maguire or Chilwell, just that both are more solid defensively.

Evans is the only defender in that group. I'm adamant we'd concede less goals with Morgan in for Maguire. Obviously wouldn't make sense to do it because of everything else Maguire can bring.

If I desperately wanted a clean sheet I reckon I'd still start both Fuchs and Morgan. People will think that's insane, of course. I'm not saying either is better than Maguire or Chilwell, just that both are more solid defensively.
I can agree and see what you are saying. The trouble is the modern game is built around multi faceted players who need to excel at more than one thing.

So what you lose (for example) in Chilwell defending he more than makes up for with his wing play.

If Maguire goes to man city he'll look a better player as there isn't much defending for him to do. If he goes to manure I reckon he'll regret it as one or two mistake a and he'll take the blame for Ole not actually being a good manager.

You'd have to be a bit ****ing stupid to go to Man Utd.

It's all paper talk bollocks anyway

You'd have to be a bit ****ing stupid to go to Man Utd.

Agreed. Leaving aside the sh*t load that they may pay you, I think the atmosphere there is, shall we say, not the best. Smiling OGS only papered over cracks. There's some sorting out to be done there I reckon, sorting out beyond signing new players that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263