Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bizarre. Won't spend 40m on possibly our classiest player last season but happy to spunk 15m on a championship teenager 'because he's a bit quick'.

There were rumours a few days ago that there interest in Tielemans was, in part, to encourage us to sell them Maguire - "agree to sell Maguire and we'll back off Tielemans".

Maybe a conspiracy theory, but combined with the Mirror story about us apparently being willing to let Maguire go, then could make sense.

There were rumours a few days ago that there interest in Tielemans was, in part, to encourage us to sell them Maguire - "agree to sell Maguire and we'll back off Tielemans".

Maybe a conspiracy theory, but combined with the Mirror story about us apparently being willing to let Maguire go, then could make sense.

If that were the case then I'm sure Tielemans would be chomping at the bit to go to them....not

I have heard that this may not be far from the truth as well.. if they persue Tielemans then they can forget about Maguire. Game of transfer chess going on I reckon, but who knows?!

Does anybody else remember when this thread and others like it was about players coming TO the club?

Does anybody else remember when this thread and others like it was about players coming TO the club?

Ah, but that was when we had a squad consisting of a complete sack of shit that no one else would touch with a bargepole

Since THAT season we are now just a Club that exists for the media to prey upon

I think Chilwell, Ricardo, Maguire, Madison, Ndidi, and Vardy would certainly be Top 4 class. Kasper and Evans are good enough. Barnes could be good enough.

A striker and at least 1 quality wide man and we would have an 11 that could challenge at the top.

I would still be worried about our strength in depth though.

Man Utd and Arsenal are going to really struggle I think so 5th is a realistic target.

I agree that we need to add some quality but there are plenty of strong links around and I've no doubt that there will be about 5 or 6 additions by the deadline. Tielemans and Justin look certainties for a start.

I do want to talk about departures but not the departures that the media is obsessed with. Who on earth is going to take: Jakupovic, Amartey, Moore, Elder, King, James, Mendy, Silva, Kapustka, Ghezzal, Diabate, Gray Slimani and Thomas.

I'd suggest that our first team squad wouldn't be one iota weaker if all of the above departed this summer. It also matters when we're trying to recruit as our main enemy is wages, not transfer fees. We're spending a fortune on players that will never play or are simply not good enough.

I agree that we need to add some quality but there are plenty of strong links around and I've no doubt that there will be about 5 or 6 additions by the deadline. Tielemans and Justin look certainties for a start.

I do want to talk about departures but not the departures that the media is obsessed with. Who on earth is going to take: Jakupovic, Amartey, Moore, Elder, King, James, Mendy, Silva, Kapustka, Ghezzal, Diabate, Gray Slimani and Thomas.

I'd suggest that our first team squad wouldn't be one iota weaker if all of the above departed this summer. It also matters when we're trying to recruit as our main enemy is wages, not transfer fees. We're spending a fortune on players that will never play or are simply not good enough.
Silva will more than likely go to Monaco with or without Teilemens I do not think he will want to stay.
Gray would get into a Championship side although I think you are right he will stay as his wages will put buyers off.
Is Slimani not going back to Turkey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570