Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man City move is best for him. Hardly any defending and he's much better than stones. 80m is beyond ridiculous if true though.

Cambiasso, Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire....

Which key player leaves next summer then? Ricardo? Wilf? Chilwell? Maddison?

Cambiasso, Kante, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Maguire....

Which key player leaves next summer then? Ricardo? Wilf? Chilwell? Maddison?

If we only lose 1 key player a season I'll be happy with that.

We won’t do it, but I would love it if we came out and said he wasn’t for sale.

We won’t do it, but I would love it if we came out and said he wasn’t for sale.
I recall it being reported that we weren't going to put a price on him as we didn't want to sell. Not quite the same thing, but I think we have been trying to discourage interest.

Yep. It is so utterly depressing that this kind of shit is allowed to happen so easily.

Nobody is immune to losing players. Teams such as Liverpool and Spurs have used it to establish themselves as Champions League sides over recent years.

The main thing is to not become a selling club (like Southampton) so not selling too many and try to replace anyone we lose well.

Last season we lost Mahrez but signed Ricardo and Maddison for example. Everyone has some hits and some misses in the transfer market, you just need to be smart.

If Maguire can command £250k per week, he's outgrown us. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

My worry is that we've got the proven imbecile Congerton in charge of player recruitment now.

Well let's not talk about it as if it's fait accompli. I mean, we know it'll probably happen (and who could blame Maguire) but it's not done yet. 280k a week would put him amongst the highest earners there.

Nobody is immune to losing players. Teams such as Liverpool and Spurs have used it to establish themselves as Champions League sides over recent years.

The main thing is to not become a selling club (like Southampton) so not selling too many and try to replace anyone we lose well.

Last season we lost Mahrez but signed Ricardo and Maddison for example. Everyone has some hits and some misses in the transfer market, you just need to be smart.

If Maguire can command £250k per week, he's outgrown us. It's ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

My worry is that we've got the proven imbecile Congerton in charge of player recruitment now.
I agree with nearly all of this in reality but it just stick in the crawl that it seems so very simple for the Manchester Cities of this world to do pretty much what they want including sweeping up players they know they will never use (not that Maguire fits into this category). You are bang in about us not becoming a club like Southampton, we can all see where that gets you.

So what is the concenus bout the possible signing of Lewis Dunk? He's a big defender with two years at the top level and very highly thought of. Is he a similar ball-playing CB like Maguire? Would he be a capable replacement should Harry leave?

I'm guessing Jonny Evans retains his spot which seemingly leaves Benkovic, Soyuncu, Morgan and someone else left to partner him. Benkovic was fabulous at Celtic last season so hopefully we can give him a shot. I suspect we will sign a Maguire replacement and have 5 in the CB role to compete

So what is the concenus bout the possible signing of Lewis Dunk? He's a big defender with two years at the top level and very highly thought of. Is he a similar ball-playing CB like Maguire? Would he be a capable replacement should Harry leave?

I'm guessing Jonny Evans retains his spot which seemingly leaves Benkovic, Soyuncu, Morgan and someone else left to partner him. Benkovic was fabulous at Celtic last season so hopefully we can give him a shot. I suspect we will sign a Maguire replacement and have 5 in the CB role to compete

Has this come from somewhere other than the story I posted in the transfer thread?

Genuinely interested to see whether it's being widely reported.

I think he's decent

I'd rather let Benkovic or Soyuncu take the spot and promote one of the promising young lads we had to the 5th choice spot, Dunk or anyone we sign from the prem won't be cheap and I'm not particularly sold on any of the names that will be likely replacements

Would he improve the squad ? YES
Would he improve the first team if HM leaves ? YES
However, could we do better ? YES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573