Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We look to be close to signing Youri. I just need someone to clarify my thinking. Is this an incredible signing or am I wearing blue tinted spectacles?

Tanner has quit the LM today. Perhaps your abuse of him became too much for him!

You'll remember his days fondly in years to come as the only ones left there now are clickbait halfwits.

I’m a fan of Rob Tanner, he’s been a good reporter for a long time now. Why has he left?

We look to be close to signing Youri. I just need someone to clarify my thinking. Is this an incredible signing or am I wearing blue tinted spectacles?

It is an incredible signing.

We are so good now.

Still, we’re only a Vardy injury from mid table mediocrity. It’s what keeps me grounded!

The best thing about it is that it means Madison is now very unlikely to leave unless he wants to look like a complete pillock.

D'ya reckon that's it? Supposedly £30M on Peréz, £40M on Tielemans (fingers crossed)... that's a wodge*. Is there money left in the kitty? Do we then wait to see if there's any outgoing before signing anyone else?

(*I would include the x paid for JJ but these days that's just chump change, like the Lion Bar you pick up whilst waiting in the queue to pay for your petrol)

I still would like to see us add some more attacking threat but we've done some great business the last few windows. Tielemans is a big one. The caliber of player who could help us attract further big names/ big talent.

If rumours are to be believed, we aren't done yet.

Could just be Twitter chat, but still seen the likes of Ziyech, Sarr, etc mentioned. There's been talk for a while that we still want another attacking wide player so would make sense.

I think we have spent the money where we needed to most, so pleased with that. If that's all we have to spend and the wage budget allows then Welbeck or Sturridge on a free would give me more confidence than Iheanacho.

D'ya reckon that's it? Supposedly £30M on Peréz, £40M on Tielemans (fingers crossed)... that's a wodge*. Is there money left in the kitty? Do we then wait to see if there's any outgoing before signing anyone else?

(*I would include the x paid for JJ but these days that's just chump change, like the Lion Bar you pick up whilst waiting in the queue to pay for your petrol)
not had a lion bar for a while

It's looking like a move to Man City is not likely and never has been. They simply don't rate him at the price we're asking.

However, Maguire has said to us that he'd be interested in joining Man Utd - specifically them and not another team - and he'd like the opportunity to go there if they meet our valuation.

Our valuation appears to be circa £90m. And Man Utd appear to want to pay no more than £70m. This means that either Maguire has to agitate for a move, losing his percentage of the fee, and then we compromise at around £80m or he shuts up and gets on with playing for us.

It is weird to say it, but we are genuinely competing for the same position in the league as Man Utd are this season. Neither of us are top two material but after that, anything is possible. We've got a better manager and a better team. I'd say they have the better squad.

Overall, we only lose Maguire if he makes it happen or Man Utd just offer silly money. And as Percy says today, maybe Maguire will look around the changing room next week and realise he may well be better off staying put.

Man U under hobbit boy are going to be utterly shit next season. If Maguire has any common sense he will see that.

It's looking like a move to Man City is not likely and never has been. They simply don't rate him at the price we're asking.

However, Maguire has said to us that he'd be interested in joining Man Utd - specifically them and not another team - and he'd like the opportunity to go there if they meet our valuation.

Our valuation appears to be circa £90m. And Man Utd appear to want to pay no more than £70m. This means that either Maguire has to agitate for a move, losing his percentage of the fee, and then we compromise at around £80m or he shuts up and gets on with playing for us.

It is weird to say it, but we are genuinely competing for the same position in the league as Man Utd are this season. Neither of us are top two material but after that, anything is possible. We've got a better manager and a better team. I'd say they have the better squad.

Overall, we only lose Maguire if he makes it happen or Man Utd just offer silly money. And as Percy says today, maybe Maguire will look around the changing room next week and realise he may well be better off staying put.
spot on I think we are on the same level financially I also think we have a better squad. The dressing room at Manuire would appear to be rotten hence their manager trying to ship alot of players out!

Chelsea are in limbo they can not buy and are reliant on their youth and reserves, Arsenal are unknown and Spurs have to pick themselves up and go again.

We should elevate ourselves into the top six as a minimum and push for the top 4? That is my ambition and expectation this season if we fall short then no problem but as long as we have a dog in the fight.

My understanding is that he is determined to move.
Edit: City the preference. United the back up.

Last edited:
spot on I think we are on the same level financially I also think we have a better squad. The dressing room at Manuire would appear to be rotten hence their manager trying to ship alot of players out!

Chelsea are in limbo they can not buy and are reliant on their youth and reserves, Arsenal are unknown and Spurs have to pick themselves up and go again.

We should elevate ourselves into the top six as a minimum and push for the top 4? That is my ambition and expectation this season if we fall short then no problem but as long as we have a dog in the fight.

We are not on the same level financially as Manchester United. Don’t be daft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566