Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded spring/summer 2019 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOOK AT THAT ****ING COUNTDOWN CLOCK!
Oooooh look it’s got milliseconds and everything. Who’s on the move? Keep watching through the ads to find out. Have a little bet while you sit there why don’t you? Our sources tell us that this player is going to a club. Could it be your club? Could you sign this ace and have the bragging rights down the pub with the lads or over that rival fan in the office?

Believe in better.

I've heard amazing things about Praet.

For £23.5m in this market, it is an absolute snip.

I do worry though if we have enough wide players. I was really hoping for someone with bags of pace, skill and flair. A Mahrez-esque player.

In BR we trust.

I've heard amazing things about Praet.

For £23.5m in this market, it is an absolute snip.

I do worry though if we have enough wide players. I was really hoping for someone with bags of pace, skill and flair. A Mahrez-esque player.

In BR we trust.

Agree with all this.

I wonder if the plan is to play Praet deeper with Ndidi/Choudhury, moving Tielemans forward and Maddison on the left.

BR used Maddison wider a few times last season so could make sense? I find it hard to believe we are signing Praet for the bench? Or that he'd come here for that.

And I agree I'd prefer more of a natural wide player to come in like a Ziyech, Sarr or Thauvin.

So is Praet highly rated or is it all just agent talk? 3 and 2 in 34 doesn't seem particularly good and hes in a position where we're already overflowing in number... would be good if we could offload Ghezzal of course. A quality wide player should really be our focus. That and replacing Maguire. I don't think we can go into the season and realistically expect to challenge for European places fielding Soyuncu or Benkovic alongside Evans. These two guys have potential but still learning. Selling Maguire so late in the window was a bit daft despite the fee...

Rob Tanner via The Athletic has said it looks like it could be an initial loan move for Praet with an option to buy - and also looking at other loan options too.

Loan with an option to buy on Praet would actually make me happier with that move. I worry where he'll get a look in and don't want to see us end up with another Adrien Silva.

if we haven't bid on anyone but Praet i'd be keeping Silva and Slimani as it means we don't leave ourselves open if we have a spate of 4 or 5 injuries.

You would expect that we'd get any deals tied up today, especially how we've been bitten in the past.

Rob Tanner via The Athletic has said it looks like it could be an initial loan move for Praet with an option to buy - and also looking at other loan options too.

Loan with an option to buy on Praet would actually make me happier with that move. I worry where he'll get a look in and don't want to see us end up with another Adrien Silva.

“And also looking at other loan options”
How about a reunion for Brendan and Coutinho?

Nobody has a clue do they?

Until Percy speaks, it's all bluff and bluster. We could spend anything from nothing to £100m.

As it stands, other teams have improved more than we have. If we're serious about finishing higher than last season then we've got work to do.

It's a month since we signed Perez. It's increasingly looking like we've not been able to do what we wanted to.

Either it's a bit of a shambles or the next 24 hours is going to be spectacular.

Nobody has a clue do they?

Until Percy speaks, it's all bluff and bluster. We could spend anything from nothing to £100m.

As it stands, other teams have improved more than we have. If we're serious about finishing higher than last season then we've got work to do.

It's a month since we signed Perez. It's increasingly looking like we've not been able to do what we wanted to.

Either it's a bit of a shambles or the next 24 hours is going to be spectacular.

I think shambles is a bit much because I think a lot of it depended on Maguire.

But if Praet is now going to be a loan I don't really know why we didn't do that sooner.

I think we will still lget Praet and Tarkowski.

I think shambles is a bit much because I think a lot of it depended on Maguire.

But if Praet is now going to be a loan I don't really know why we didn't do that sooner.

I think we will still lget Praet and Tarkowski.

The club knew Maguire was highly likely to go since May. If we aren't prepared it's a bit like the government over Brexit.

I think our plans have gone tits up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570