Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have known for a year Mahrez was leaving , now with transfer window about to shut were alledgedly in talks with Pepe Promes Janazai and Hazard!!
Who should we have got in to replace the irreplaceable? People really should stop with this ridiculous notion of replacing Mahrez and I really hope the club don't try to go down this route. I think most of us agree that a change of shape and several players sharing out the creativity Mahrez gave us is perhaps the best way forward. Looking at it that way, Maddison and Pereira are good signings. Januzaj would also fit that model if we get the same player Spain and Belgium have seen.

It's all academic however. If we don't buy a couple of footballers to play on the left and centre of our defence then creating chances going forward will be the least of our worries....

Who should we have got in to replace the irreplaceable? People really should stop with this ridiculous notion of replacing Mahrez and I really hope the club don't try to go down this route. I think most of us agree that a change of shape and several players sharing out the creativity Mahrez gave us is perhaps the best way forward. Looking at it that way, Maddison and Pereira are good signings. Januzaj would also fit that model if we get the same player Spain and Belgium have seen.

It's all academic however. If we don't buy a couple of footballers to play on the left and centre of our defence then creating chances going forward will be the least of our worries....

We won't change systems to quite simply we replace him with any old ****er who can play on the right of midfield.

We haven't

Agreed. I was reassured by how combative and good on the ball Callum Elder was and hope that we can give Darnell Johnson some reassurance and game time as he's obviously highly though of. That said. I'd be in for Ben Gibson or another young all round centre half.
going forward I don't think we are looking for a Mahrez replacement. Maddison will be our new central playmaker and so we at looking more for a strong inside right to get up and down the wing considering Gray and Albrighton are our options on the left. Gordon and Ndukwu might have to be given a crack in the short term. both with pace and Ndukwu with a strong left foot (if a bit ballgreedy)

Vardy..... Iheanacho, Ulloa and Okazaki who isn’t a centre forward.

Butter my arse.

Lightweight all over the pitch imo.

I am not happy that the best we can offer Maguire as a partner is a rotation of Evans, Morgan and Benny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566