Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
London Fox - I agree about Morgan, but I think that's a bit harsh on Fuchs. I think he is a better & more reliable defender than Chilwell. Perhaps neither of them are good enough but with a choice between the two I'd go with Fuchs
Fair enough. It's a bit of a toss-up as I agree that neither of them are currently good enough.

Amartey - never played at center back for us. I can't see why that would change now.

In the commentary for the last match Matt Elliott said Amartey's concentration isn't good enough to play in central defence. In that position if you lose focus for a split second you can concede a goal. If you do that in midfield or at right back it's not such a big problem.

Rob Dorsett on Sky has reported that his sources tell him Man U’s interest in Harry has “cooled” and they are now focused on Mina.

Rob Dorsett on Sky has reported that his sources tell him Man U’s interest in Harry has “cooled” and they are now focused on Mina.

More like they've been told to **** off

So are we going to even try to get a decent Mahrez replacement or is it everything through the middle this season?

HTB on people criticising Puel;

“Probably because I'm too polite to call them a bunch of ****s. (Although that is what I mean)
Personally they can all **** off and take their negative ****ish attitude with them.”

And yet Mahrez was shit for two years.

Inconsistent, maybe. Still one of, if not the best to ever wear the shirt.

HTB on people criticising Puel;

“Probably because I'm too polite to call them a bunch of ****s. (Although that is what I mean)
Personally they can all **** off and take their negative ****ish attitude with them.”

And yet Mahrez was shit for two years.

Inconsistent, maybe. Still one of, if not the best to ever wear the shirt.
What you trying to say?

I'd be very happy if we sign someone who could match Mahrez's 12 goals and 10 assists from last season.
We may well have done.

Also, imagine how many more goals and assists Mahrez could have had if he'd actually been arsed to play for us

What you trying to say?
In my world;

Mahrez = very good

Puel = very bad

Puel has put a handbrake on what was once a fun team. Mahrez, along with Vardy lit up a very, very dull and unsuccessful season.

You know exactly what I’m saying.

In my world;

Mahrez = very good

Puel = very bad

Puel has put a handbrake on what was once a fun team. Mahrez, along with Vardy lit up a very, very dull and unsuccessful season.

You know exactly what I’m saying.
Mahrez went on strike and as a club we lost our way.
Where the club went wrong, was letting him back in the fold so quickly.
LCFC owe Mahrez nothing..
He owes LCFC a bloody lot.
I will be forever grateful for his contribution to us winning the Premier league, but he's tarnished the love by acting like a spoilt little brat.
I would have loved the Mahrez of 2015/16 to stay, but the one of the last 2 years, nahh, he can **** off.

Mahrez went on strike and as a club we lost our way.
Where the club went wrong, was letting him back in the fold so quickly.
LCFC owe Mahrez nothing..
He owes LCFC a bloody lot.
I will be forever grateful for his contribution to us winning the Premier league, but he's tarnished the love by acting like a spoilt little brat.
I would have loved the Mahrez of 2015/16 to stay, but the one of the last 2 years, nahh, he can **** off.
He could have conducted himself better at times, yes. Wish he hadn’t ****ed off though, I’d pay money just to watch his first touch. I think he was far better last season than you’re giving him credit for but yes some of his behaviour was wanky.

I think that Puel/Rudkin, or whoever decides the transfer policy, is wise not to sign a like for like replacement for Mahrez: we are most unlikely to find a comparable talent and, he would most assuredly be compared. We
need to find a different way to play, and Maddison seems to offer that.

It is natural that a thread, such as this, should be scatological; indeed, the City transfer policy of previous seasons might also be so accused but, I would like to see a better left back signed and, if possible, some dead wood shipped out. This, to me, would then represent our most successful window for some years.

I mean just like at the amount of central midfielders we have:

Ndidi
Iborra
Silva
King
James
Amartey
Choudhury
Mendy

Ndidi is decent at this level. Iborra blows hot and cold and isn’t consistent enough. I’m still hopeful Silva will come good even though he has shown nothing yet. Choudhury is promising. And all the rest are complete duffers.

The amount of dead wood we have in the squad right now is akin to when Pearson came in for his second spell and had to clear out all the dross that Sven had brought in.

The amount of dead wood we have in the squad right now is akin to when Pearson came in for his second spell and had to clear out all the dross that Sven had brought in.

How dare you talk about Neil Danns and John Paintsil like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669