Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maguire
Evans
Morgan
Benalouane
Johnson
Amartey

Seems reasonable enough to me

Maguire
Evans
Morgan
Benalouane
Johnson
Amartey

I was wondering which cliff Daniel Amartey "City Sign 21 year old Ghanaian Defender" had been dropped off. Now he's appeared at the bottom of Homer's list, an unbroken run of appearances for us surely beckons.

I was wondering which cliff Daniel Amartey "City Sign 21 year old Ghanaian Defender" had been dropped off. Now he's appeared at the bottom of Homer's list, an unbroken run of appearances for us surely beckons.

We've never played him at centre back, hence his position in the list

Doesn't mean he can't play there

He's not very good there. I think even Darnell Johnson is ahead of him, who has very little experience. if Evans is injured then Morgan will start the season with Maguire I think.
I think we'd be less concerned about signings if we'd had chance to see the full squad back together, but that will be the same for everyone.
reality is we start the season stronger at right back, central defence, with a proper creative midfielder and (currently) with with kasper, Maguire and Vardy or 'Leicester' as they are known still on the books.

if we start the season with

Schmeichel
Pereira Morgan Maguire Fuchs
Ndidi Silva
Albrighton Maddison Gray
Vardy

then I don't think we'll be too bad

given world cup delay for Vardy I expect to see Musa and Iheanacho in the mix early on Maybe even a front 4 of

Gray Maddison Musa
Iheanacho

Maguire
Evans
Morgan
Benalouane
Johnson
Amartey

Morgan = legs have gone
Benalouane - liability.
Amartey - never played at center back for us. I can't see why that would change now.
Johnson - no idea. I've only seen him play in friendlies. But seeing as he's so experienced its a big risk having to rely on him.

I don't think we have creditable back up.

He can't be that good. Just because they're asking almost a third of what they paid for him doesn't mean it's a bargain. He's 29 and flopped big style. I don't really see where he'd fit in here being an out and out forward rather than a wide player, but he's supposedly off to Fiorentina for £7m anyway.

9 starts and 12 sub appearances for Arsenal, 7 goals.

Doesn’t sound all that shabby to me.

I don't think that tells the whole story at all. A brace against Nottingham Forest in the league cup. A hat trick against FC Basel in the champs league, and a solitary goal in the league against Bournemouth. Hardly the best quality opposition and the fact he scored more than once a few times when he did manage to get on the scoresheet just makes his record look that bit better than it really was. Too often he just didn't deliver and that's playing in a team that arguably had more quality to play alongside than he would have here.

I don't think that tells the whole story at all. A brace against Nottingham Forest in the league cup. A hat trick against FC Basel in the champs league, and a solitary goal in the league against Bournemouth. Hardly the best quality opposition and the fact he scored more than once a few times when he did manage to get on the scoresheet just makes his record look that bit better than it really was. Too often he just didn't deliver and that's playing in a team that arguably had more quality to play alongside than he would have here.
I don;t necessarily agree. But even if you're right, it doesn't mean he would (or wouldn't) be a flop with us.

London Fox - I agree about Morgan, but I think that's a bit harsh on Fuchs. I think he is a better & more reliable defender than Chilwell. Perhaps neither of them are good enough but with a choice between the two I'd go with Fuchs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669