Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here he is at full stretch!

jan-2002-bobby-hassell-of-mansfield-town-takes-the-ball-past-andy-of-picture-id1074380
He is defo a neck free zone.

Apparently the Ghezzal deal is done and will be announced today/tomorrow, and we're in talks for Thorgan Hazard, as well as the bid for Brentford's Chris Mepham.

Could still have a busy few days left off the window.

Apparently the Ghezzal deal is done and will be announced today/tomorrow, and we're in talks for Thorgan Hazard, as well as the bid for Brentford's Chris Mepham.

if we bring them both in get Diabate out on loan he isn't ready for the prem and needs to play every week

You really should stop reading the horseshit on Foxestalk....

Looks like someone has been busy on Wiki ;)

Rachid Ghezzal (Arabic: رشيد غزال‎; born 9 May 1992) is an Algerian professional footballerwho plays as a winger for Premier League side Leicester City and the Algeria national team.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachid_Ghezzal

£15m and he played 7 games last season? The games gone ****ing mental.

SSN blah-blahing on about 'breaking news' ManYoo to make be for Maguire before deadline day

Endless guff

You really should stop reading the horseshit on Foxestalk....

This was from Twitter ;)

Sky reporting/making up that Man Utd will come in with a huge bid for Maguire this week as he's still their number 1 target.

SSN blah-blahing on about 'breaking news' ManYoo to make be for Maguire before deadline day

Endless guff

Did they also follow that with the sky bet odds? It's almost like they make shit up for betting.

Not the game, just our recruitment

Insane

Everton competing well on that front too. I wonder if these squad players would be as expensive for us if we spent some of the Mahrez money on someone quality?

I've heard good things about Hazard who operates from the left. I think he's been improving over the past 2 to 3 years since I saw him play a European the.
I've never heard anything good about Gezzal or Mepham so can't comment really, but if they are better than Diabate/Musa and Benalouane then I'd say we will have improved. Given that a relatively animate traffic cone would be better than Benalouane and that Musa/Diabate delivered nothing I would say all the changes should be good. with Mepham I would hope thay he won't usurp Darnell Johnson in the pecking order or what is the point of being the best defender in our vaunted U23s?
Similarly Ndukwu and Gordon who should get near the squad if they merit it in training and cups. no point them playing another season of u23.

I think the Maguire stuff is bollocks, but say Man Utd DO bid £80m for him, would you take it?

80m is a hell of a lot of money. Tbh, probsbly more than he's worth.

I like Maguire a lot and want him to stay, but feel you could buy better for that.

Problem is, it's now late in the window and we'd struggle to get a replacement. Ben Gibson has been announced by Burnley today so one of our apparent options is gone too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566