Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2018 rumours thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of players we've been linked with heading other places now...

Bernard just waiting for a work permit to complete a move to Everton.

Adama Traore on the verge of signing for Wolves.

Gibson gone to Burnley.

Be interesting to know if we've actually gone after these players or not

yeah because too many of them wanted to basque in the glory of that instead of trying to achieve something else

Yeah. Sitting there in women's underwear will never bring them success.

Wait for it to click, Boc. Not sure on the ETA of realisation, but I’m sure you’ll get there....

I got that OK with no problem.

I was just reminded of the occasion many years ago when I wrote a long piece on Maternal Deprivation and spelled seperate... eeerrr... separate incorrectly more times than I choose to remember. Lazzer might be wise to avoid the same embarrassment.

Bernard = powderpuff
Adama Traore = Cobi Jones on steroids
Gibson = could never play with Maguire.

not bothered we haven't signed these. would definitely take Thorgan Hazard given his record in Germany. A goal every 4 games for an attacking midfielder is strong.

Bernard = powderpuff
Adama Traore = Cobi Jones on steroids
Gibson = could never play with Maguire.

not bothered we haven't signed these.
Fair enough you don't want us to sign those three, but your reasoning for each is pretty laughable.

Cobi Jones had really cool hair too and was worth signing just for that.

Bournemouth told to pay £15m for Mepham.

Leicester's £15m bid for Mepham rejected.

Gibson and Maguire both lack the same things, - pace, organisational experience, extensive top level experience. Of course they could play together but probably shouldn't.
Adama Traore is pacy but consistently lacks end product of goals and assists in any top level games.
Bernard is lightweight and therefore in and out of sides.
just saying.

if Adama gets 7 goals and 5 assists for wolves and Bernard plays more than 20 games from the start then I'll be wrong. but they won't.

Reuben Neves is someone who we should have gone for. Top top top player. I think he'll kill it this season. Him or perhaps Jota. Bags of creativity. I would have loved a signing like that. No doubt a big fee but still.

I reckon Wolves will finish top 10. God knows how they've managed to pull of signing Patricio and Mourinho as well as keeping Neves and Jota.

We're in for a hard season imo. 12th-14th I reckon.

Traore averages less than a goal every 12 games and an assist every 6.5 games.
He is, however, fast.
Hence my comparison of him to a notoriously fast player who had a very average end product; Cobi Jones - who would have potentially had to use steroids to achieve the physique of Traore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566