Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t get Demarai Gray. What better option does he have? Are Chelsea, Man City, Spuds, Man U after him? Arsenal perhaps? Liverpool? Even Wolves?

No is the answer, and if he went to any of those clubs he’d be lucky to find his arse pitch side.

Delusions of grandeur perhaps. Careful Demari, you’ll end up eating pie in Burnley.
he is a top end of championship player I do not think anyone can afford him

I don’t get Demarai Gray. What better option does he have? Are Chelsea, Man City, Spuds, Man U after him? Arsenal perhaps? Liverpool? Even Wolves?

No is the answer, and if he went to any of those clubs he’d be lucky to find his arse pitch side.

Delusions of grandeur perhaps. Careful Demari, you’ll end up eating pie in Burnley.
I think he'd be lucky to get Burnley. Infact, I bet Sean Dyche wouldn't touch him with a bargepole.

I think Gray knows Leicester is as good as it gets, which is why his agent spread the nonsense about Spurs being interested, trying to prompt a new contract. Pleased to see we weren't that gullible.

I don't read the situation like that at all. I think that Gray has no interest in renewing. The quote from BR only really makes sense in that context.

Gray is a shambles of a player that none of us will miss. However, if he is determined to leave the club either this window or next year, fair play to him. BR made it clear that his role is impact sub at best and he wants more than that.

It doesn't benefit City to allow any player with a resale value to run out his contract.

I don't read the situation like that at all. I think that Gray has no interest in renewing. The quote from BR only really makes sense in that context.

Gray is a shambles of a player that none of us will miss. However, if he is determined to leave the club either this window or next year, fair play to him. BR made it clear that his role is impact sub at best and he wants more than that.

It doesn't benefit City to allow any player with a resale value to run out his contract.
True. He's also likely to end up with a larger contract if he's free, though. Even if he doesn't play much this season, it's not like his stock is particularly high, whereas if he were to be a free agent, he might suddenly seem a bit more attractive to another team.

i think, in a squad where you have 2 or 3 better options, Gray would be a fan favourite off the bench a la Shaqiri, Origi - someone who can make a big difference in the last ten but youre never going to start him. its because we have never replaced Mahrez or really replaced Ulloa or Okazaki as second strikers that he is judged against a standard he will never meet.
i think its over for him with Rodgers, but he is taking a chance if Under is the only one in and Gray is out as it still leaves us light.

i think, in a squad where you have 2 or 3 better options, Gray would be a fan favourite off the bench a la Shaqiri, Origi - someone who can make a big difference in the last ten but youre never going to start him. its because we have never replaced Mahrez or really replaced Ulloa or Okazaki as second strikers that he is judged against a standard he will never meet.
i think its over for him with Rodgers, but he is taking a chance if Under is the only one in and Gray is out as it still leaves us light.
If Gray goes I can see us trying to bring someone else in

Does it leave us light?
Barnes, Albrighton, Perez (yes I know he’s not good on the wing but he does play there), Under, Ricardo (possibly), the option of wing-backs (if we ever sign another centre-half),

I think Gray would be right to leave, and we'd be right to get rid.

Let him go to a bottom half club where he will start most weeks. He needs it at this point if he's going to improve.

But he's not good enough and I've lost patience waiting for him to be.

I think Gray would be right to leave, and we'd be right to get rid.

Let him go to a bottom half club where he will start most weeks. He needs it at this point if he's going to improve.

But he's not good enough and I've lost patience waiting for him to be.
Agree he’s nowhere near good enough... and yet he probably doesn’t make it into our top 20 worst signings since 2016.

he probably doesn’t make it into our top 20 worst signings since 2016.

He does. Unless you can find 20 worse players in this list:

Daniel Amartey
Luis Hernandez
Ron-Robert Zieler
Nampalys Mendy
Ahmed Musa
Bartosz Kapustka
Islam Slimani
Onyinye Ndidi
Harry Maguire
Vicente Iborra
Eldin Jakupovic
Kelechi Iheanacho
Adrien Silva
Fousseni Diabate
Jonny Evans
Ricardo Pereira
James Maddison
Danny Ward
Rachid Ghezzal
Filip Benkovic
Caglar Soyuncu
James Justin
Dennis Praet
Timothy Castagne

Maybe if you count players signed for the development squad he might sneak in.

He does. Unless you can find 20 worse players in this list:

Daniel Amartey
Luis Hernandez
Ron-Robert Zieler
Nampalys Mendy
Ahmed Musa
Bartosz Kapustka
Islam Slimani
Onyinye Ndidi
Harry Maguire
Vicente Iborra
Eldin Jakupovic
Kelechi Iheanacho
Adrien Silva
Fousseni Diabate
Jonny Evans
Ricardo Pereira
James Maddison
Danny Ward
Rachid Ghezzal
Filip Benkovic
Caglar Soyuncu
James Justin
Dennis Praet
Timothy Castagne

Maybe if you count players signed for the development squad he might sneak in.
I just had Rachid Ghezzal 20 times.

Agree he’s nowhere near good enough... and yet he probably doesn’t make it into our top 20 worst signings since 2016.

I don't think Gray was a terrible signing. He's done alright at times. He's just never pushed on as he should've done. I don't think he's really improved at all in his time here.

hes won more premier leagues than Steven Gerrard

I don't think Gray was a terrible signing. He's done alright at times. He's just never pushed on as he should've done. I don't think he's really improved at all in his time here.

Yep, he had occasions when he looked exciting as **** after we first signed him, he just never kicked on. Probably because no one would start him until Puel and then when that happened he was playing for Puel....

Yep, he had occasions when he looked exciting as **** after we first signed him, he just never kicked on. Probably because no one would start him until Puel and then when that happened he was playing for Puel....
Glimpses occasionally of something really good. He is just missing a brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363