Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks we will buy players to improve the squad without selling a major asset is either deluded or hasn't been paying attention.

If we had to sell one of our big assets then Chilwell it is imo.

Anyone who thinks we will buy players to improve the squad without selling a major asset is either deluded or hasn't been paying attention.

If we had to sell one of our big assets then Chilwell it is imo.

We've got £80m in the bank from the last one we sold.

I do love how much wee underrate Chilwell. He can't be that bad can he?
Hmm I'm not sure, a lot of opposition managers target him, look at Liverpool on Boxing day, Chilwell can't defend and he leaves huge gaps that get exploited.
His strengths are his stamina and his ability going forward but he's not consistent enough with his final ball to be yet classed as a top player, he's the best of an average bunch as far as England is concerned

Hmm I'm not sure, a lot of opposition managers target him, look at Liverpool on Boxing day, Chilwell can't defend and he leaves huge gaps that get exploited.
His strengths are his stamina and his ability going forward but he's not consistent enough with his final ball to be yet classed as a top player, he's the best of an average bunch as far as England is concerned

I think it's a case of not knowing what you've got til it's gone with Chilwell.

If it was that easy to replace him then he wouldn't be in such demand.

He's English

If he was Portuguese nobody would be interested.

The only reason Chilwell is in demand is because he's young and currently occupying a position that doesn't have lots of world class players playing there.
If we sold Chilwell for £60 million and brought Jamal Lewis from Norwich for £20 million then spent £18 million loaning Coutinho for the season that would make us a better team.

I do love how much wee underrate Chilwell. He can't be that bad can he?
I rate him. But we need to strengthen other areas, and he’d be the one who would bring in the most money because of his age and nationality.

The only reason Chilwell is in demand is because he's young and currently occupying a position that doesn't have lots of world class players playing there.
If we sold Chilwell for £60 million and brought Jamal Lewis from Norwich for £20 million then spent £18 million loaning Coutinho for the season that would make us a better team.

The only reason is because he's young and a left back?
Rubbish. He's a bloody good left back that could quite easily be England's first choice for the next ten years. He's extremely comfortable on the ball. He's a huge attacking threat for us. His defending has improved season on season.

Seriously, when he goes we will miss him.

Chilwell would look good playing wingback with a strong back three: the formation that I hope we use next season.

I will not be cheering, should he leave but, with Thomas coming on in leaps and bounds, a half decent left back as replacement should suffice, leaving funds for other areas (At least one centre-back and a couple of attack minded players).

Chilwell would look good playing wingback with a strong back three: the formation that I hope we use next season.
I'm not being awkward or anything, this is a genuine question - After the shitfest of an end to the season, using this formation, compared to the success we had for the first half of the season, using the system we did, why would you like us to use this formation? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Why would we agree to strengthen a side we competed with all season long?

Exactly. I would be furious if we sold Chilwell to a team that just pipped us to 4th.

Chilwell is so underrated by our own fans it's crazy. He's wanted by good teams for a good reason.

Yes, he has flaws. Yes, he's not the best defensively. But a modern day fullback is as much about attacking. And he's also 23 and coming off the back of his 3rd full season as a Premier League player.

He still has so much potential to get better, but even where he is now he would strengthen a rival and make us worse with this move.

Who would people rather sell to enable us to strengthen multiple positions?

We will not strengthen without selling someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Blackburn 00
2Bristol City00
3Burnley00
4Cardiff City00
5Coventry City00
6Derby00
7Hull City00
8Leeds Utd00