Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bit strong to say it's 'nothing to be proud of' though, surely?
Yes, I got that bit wrong, It is a proud moment for a young player to play for England. Just a shame they give caps out like confetti and it dilutes it somewhat.
Winning the Champions league and premier league is a better achievement than 20 England caps.
Vardy new this and retired from the national side.

To be fair, it was your post that inspired my point then but I have thought it ever since Rodgers has come in.

People were crying out for it in his first game away to Watford and we were crap, we reverted to what we know and improved dramatically.

I can understand why we did it at the end of this season but it is no way the way forward. Whatever people think, we don't have 2 wing backs to play it well enough as it means we won't play any wingers either. It becomes a double hindrance to us.
I agree. I've thought myself in the past that it would suit us, but the evidence is that it didn't work, so it's not like we haven't tried it. I still don't understand why Rodgers persisted with it for so many games either. He may have been concerned about the players who were missing, but it's not like it worked well for us, so why not go back to what was working before, even with just the personnel we had available and give that a go? Ultimately, it failed.

I don't feel like Chilwell is a key player for us in the way that Vardy, Schmeichel, Ndidi and Ricardo would be. Indeed I think we've done fine even this season when he hasn't played with Fuchs and the emergence of Luke Thomas is an exciting prospect. Honestly if the figure is right, I'd cash in on this one.

59BF961B-535A-4AEE-96D8-E8DFBF9E87E7.jpeg
Any more nonsense like this and this guy can **** off instead of Chilwell.

Guardian suggesting that Chelsea want Chilwell to request a transfer to get his fee reduced.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...l-will-request-transfer-to-lower-asking-price

Dealing with Chelsea is less straightforward than Man Utd/City. Chelsea are sneaky feckers who will quite possibly have already had talks with Chilwell (as they did Kante and Drinkwater) and agreed a deal with him. The onus is then on the player (as we saw with Drinkwater) to force our hand.

We can't allow this one to drag on like Maguire did all summer surely. Therefore, I'd set a price - for me £75m - and tell any interested club that is the fee and the time limit is the end of August. If the price isn't paid by anyone then, he stays.

I could barely even recognise a full team of non-Leicester players. I have no reason to be interested in them unless they're playing Leicester. If they're not wearing a football kit this applies even more so.

Messi, Ronaldo, Maguire, Luiz, Rashford, Cantwell, Kane. Who's that other Arsenal player with Luiz-like hair, Guendouzi? Him too, if so. Maybe Sterling, maybe Deeney. Drinkwater, Mahrez. Suarez, Bale, Rooney. Pogba when he had the nice hair. Think that's about it. Recognisable hair helps a lot.

On topic - seen a couple of times on that BBC transfer gossip page that Liverpool fancy Barnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669