Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pair of them look like a couple of absolutely tossers but oh my ****ing god he is wearing a PINK HANDBAG for that alone he should be put down.

Nice

I really hope we take advantage of some of the teams who have gone down. Apart from the "big 6," we are one of the, if not the biggest and best attractions in the entire country.

Amazing fans, Top owner (pun intended), state of the art training, a solid squad, European football, a coach with an excellent reputation (who although has plenty to prove is loved by players he's coached) and a morbidly obese guy who bangs a drum every match and wears no clothes.

The Championship has so much talent. We need to look there if it is indeed the case that purse strings may be a little tighter. Nothing is ever guaranteed and the step up is definitely there, however Championship players already know the British culture, the language, the weather, the pace of football etc.

Matheus Perreira (17 assists) or Benrahma (17 goals 9 assists) or even Bryan Mbeumo (16 goals, 7 assists) would be unbelievable signings for our winger/attacking creative. Or perhaps Eberiche Eze (14 goals, 8 assists) or the fast and clever Adam Armstrong (16 goals, 6 assists).

We should look at players from Bournemouth, Norwich and Watford. Brooks, Cantwell, Buendia, Sarr. Ake is a good signing by Man City.

I'd also take a look at Ryan Fraser if he hasn't signed elsewhere - a free signing.

James Ward-Prowse would be an excellent buy. Reliable, good tackler, solid set pieces.

There are plenty of opportunities and obviously there's more to it than just goals and assist stats but I really hope we can compete.

Perreira (back at parent club Sporting) or Benrahma are my picks as well as Buendia and Brooks.

I can definitely see us going for Ryan Fraser if budgets are tight this summer.

We need to sign a top winger/creative attacker, but could also do with another winger too - Fraser would be an improvement on Gray and Albrighton I'd say.

I'd also be very surprised if we weren't in for him as he seems the sort of player we'd be interested in.

However, I don't think he'd really be much of an improvement on what we've got.

Brooks would be better for us I think but there would probs be a a similar fee to Ake required to get him so Fraser does seem a more likely option for us.

John Stones used to be an excellent player and it doesn't look like he will get much game time at Cheat City now they are singing Ake, would a change of scenery make it worth Leicester making a bid??

Is he?

For a start, he's 25 and hasn't yet learned how to defend. I've never really understood the fuss about him. He's been the constant in a terrible defence for several seasons now.
He is. He's got fantastic feet and he is calm under pressure. Without him, they'd have been down before now.

They‘ve seen where their main weakness is and gone out to improve their first eleven straight away

It’s what proper clubs do

Maybe they couldn’t agree terms with Ryan Bennett or summat

I'm not impressed by Ake, if nothing else we still need a bit of height and this guy isn't even six foot - tiny for a centre half. If Stones becomes available as a result of him moving to East Manchester that would be a hell of a statement signing and strengthen us in a position where we need both bodies and quality

Hopefully Benkovic can have his break out season with us?

Something really odd has happened there. He was talked about as the greatest centre back since Van Dijk by BR when he managed him at Celtic and then when he comes to Leicester, Benkovic disappears from the picture very quickly.

I can only assume that there are some sort of personal issues going on. I hope he can get things together and return for us next season. I think there is an excellent player there if we can integrate him properly.

Something really odd has happened there. He was talked about as the greatest centre back since Van Dijk by BR when he managed him at Celtic and then when he comes to Leicester, Benkovic disappears from the picture very quickly.

I can only assume that there are some sort of personal issues going on. I hope he can get things together and return for us next season. I think there is an excellent player there if we can integrate him properly.
He has all the attributes to become a very good centre half. He did well at Celtic and played when fit. Maybe he's home sick, maybe he just needs a run of games to get his confidence... when we signed him i thought he was a better prospect than Soyunchu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669