Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus Gray likely sold. Would expect Albrighton to move on too.

Slimani's the one. Farcical signing as it turned out.
Thought he was going to be the tits as well. Looked like a nasty, hard, ruthless bastard. Diego Costa 2.0.

Turned out to made of pink wafers and none of the players like him.

Salami was a **** off the pitch more than on for me. His whole deliberate "oh Chelsea are some team" chat with Waaahrez did it for me. He can get ****ed.

If they can get silly money out of them then I'll do a merry ****ing jig in the street

If they can get silly money out of them then I'll do a merry ****ing jig in the street
Yep, me too. He's not 'all that' (he's barely 'that') and if Chelsea or whoever else want to spunk a load of cash for him then more fool them. I've a feeling we are going to take them to the cleaners. Danny Drinkwater mark II.

Sometimes it's important to read the room.

Football has changed. The next year or so will see large numbers of clubs financially weak and vulnerable.

If I had faith in our recruitment, I'd say that this is exactly the right time to cash in on our assets and ditch as many players that we can who haven't delivered and conduct a massive reinvestment in talent. Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo, Ndidi, Soyuncu, etc. from the assets, and a vast number of rubbish players that stink the squad out.

Clubs in our natural market place that we can pick on, Championship sides, teams in France, Germany, etc. are on their knees.

If any mega club wants to spend mega money on one of our stars, this is the time to sell. There is no player we couldn't get better value for by reinvesting the money. We could find ourselves with 18-20 highly talented players at zero cost if we play it right.

Sometimes it's important to read the room.

Football has changed. The next year or so will see large numbers of clubs financially weak and vulnerable.

If I had faith in our recruitment, I'd say that this is exactly the right time to cash in on our assets and ditch as many players that we can who haven't delivered and conduct a massive reinvestment in talent. Chilwell, Maddison, Ricardo, Ndidi, Soyuncu, etc. from the assets, and a vast number of rubbish players that stink the squad out.

Clubs in our natural market place that we can pick on, Championship sides, teams in France, Germany, etc. are on their knees.

If any mega club wants to spend mega money on one of our stars, this is the time to sell. There is no player we couldn't get better value for by reinvesting the money. We could find ourselves with 18-20 highly talented players at zero cost if we play it right.

Sorry BN but this is absolutely absurd.

Ignoring the massive damage it would do to our rapidly improving reputation as a club that wants to improve, it mostly relies on a two tier economy popping up where for some absurd reason clubs would be delighted to spend obscene amounts of money on our players despite the financial situation you have already alluded to.

There is no way the Premier league clubs come out of this mess spending hundreds of millions.

If anything, this mess may help us to hold on to our most prized assets for longer.

Sorry BN but this is absolutely absurd.

Ignoring the massive damage it would do to our rapidly improving reputation as a club that wants to improve, it mostly relies on a two tier economy popping up where for some absurd reason clubs would be delighted to spend obscene amounts of money on our players despite the financial situation you have already alluded to.

There is no way the Premier league clubs come out of this mess spending hundreds of millions.

If anything, this mess may help us to hold on to our most prized assets for longer.

We'll see. I think the idiot clubs will still be idiotic. Chelsea might not spend £70m on Chilwell but they will pay £50-60m.

With that money, players that were £20m will now be less than £10m at many. many clubs desperate for income.

Old world and we sell Chilwell for £70m and buy three £20m players. New world we sell him for £55m and can sign five such players.

The pay off at our end of deals is excellent. Like I say, sometimes you have to read the room and realise that this is a perfect opportunity to trade up. We currently have (roughly) ten quality players and a load of shit. If we played it right, we could end up with twenty quality players at zero net cost and set ourselves up for many years.

Doesn’t matter, we’ll just be able to use our B team....

Ok, let's get back to silly rumours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265