Speculation The hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded summer 2020 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvey Barnes already has 8 first team goals and probably a similar number of assists.

What is this abuse you talk of?

All I can ever see (in the most part) is people posting their disappointment that a player with the undoubted talent and potential to be a top player has pissed away dozens of chances to prove himself under (may have the number wrong) 4 managers, all of whom have given hima run in the team.

It takes some doing to not progress one jot over 4-5 seasons under 4 mangers who no doubt have tried to eek out of him his potential.

He should be scoring 10-12 goals for us a season even from the bench but that total is all he has scored for us in his entire tenure.

Stats (League only).

Games: 125
As sub: 73
Starts: 62

Goals: 9
Assists: 7

7 assists, 7 assists, 7 assists. His decision making during games is frankly pathetic, his asset is his pace, but without either the intelligence to know when to pass or shoot or the lack of application to be able to beat the first defender and cross the ball, he is a waste of a jersey - even as sub. Subs are employed to impact a game, in less than 10% of the games he has featured he has made an impact.

If we were offered anywhere north of a snickers and and a pack of monster munch I would take it and i'd be willing to drive him there myself.

If my post is abusive, I make no apology.
I'm specifically talking about on social media not forums where people tend to be more civil and stick to the performances, this is not the case on Twitter for certain and I would bet the same is true on Instagram if you don't see these replies count yourself lucky.

As it happens I looked at his account last night out of curiosity, he has his display picture on him celebrating the goal at Cardiff after the crash and a pick of the back of his blue Leicester shirt that's it so people are reading far too much into it.

I'm specifically talking about on social media not forums where people tend to be more civil and stick to the performances, this is not the case on Twitter for certain and I would bet the same is true on Instagram if you don't see these replies count yourself lucky.

As it happens I looked at his account last night out of curiosity, he has his display picture on him celebrating the goal at Cardiff after the crash and a pick of the back of his blue Leicester shirt that's it so people are reading far too much into it.

He has unfollowed all his team mates. I would hardly say thats reading too much into it ? Maybe it is nothing but it's certainly an eyebrow raiser in the least.

I'll also say that I do not understand the amount of negativity from a lot of our fans towards him either.

I also really don't understand the perceived attitude problem either, granted I don't follow things as much as I would have done 10 yrs ago but I cannot recall seeing news articles about him out later drinking, missing training etc.

For me, he's just never really looked happy and it seems more of a mental/personal thing that is holding him back. Maybe it is the pressure on footballers and he just cannot handle it? Maybe he's struggled with the move from a club he had been with as a kid and straight into a PL winning club? Maybe he's just struggled with moving away from home at a young age? Maybe he's just struggle to fill the big boots of Mahrez??

I'm sure people will rubbish this but there is as much evidence of the above as there is for the general opinion that he just has a bad attitude or is a bad egg.

I base my opinion on what I see of his performances etc and I would say the only time he has ever looked happy with us is when he has scored a goal. He usually celebrates as if a huge weight has been lifted of his back, as if he has had to prove a point, and generally seems like he wants to do his best for us.

He's also made some important contributions in a few matches this season and BR seems to be getting more out of him than others have.

He wouldn't be short of options though if he did want to leave and it probably is the best for both parties all things considered, I just really don't see where the perceived bad attitude thing comes from at all.

I'll also say that I do not understand the amount of negativity from a lot of our fans towards him either.

I also really don't understand the perceived attitude problem either, granted I don't follow things as much as I would have done 10 yrs ago but I cannot recall seeing news articles about him out later drinking, missing training etc.

For me, he's just never really looked happy and it seems more of a mental/personal thing that is holding him back. Maybe it is the pressure on footballers and he just cannot handle it? Maybe he's struggled with the move from a club he had been with as a kid and straight into a PL winning club? Maybe he's just struggled with moving away from home at a young age? Maybe he's just struggle to fill the big boots of Mahrez??

I'm sure people will rubbish this but there is as much evidence of the above as there is for the general opinion that he just has a bad attitude or is a bad egg.

I base my opinion on what I see of his performances etc and I would say the only time he has ever looked happy with us is when he has scored a goal. He usually celebrates as if a huge weight has been lifted of his back, as if he has had to prove a point, and generally seems like he wants to do his best for us.

He's also made some important contributions in a few matches this season and BR seems to be getting more out of him than others have.

He wouldn't be short of options though if he did want to leave and it probably is the best for both parties all things considered, I just really don't see where the perceived bad attitude thing comes from at all.
Attitude, happiness, shitting in a car.... None of it matters really. The bottom line is that he is nowhere near good enough for us. Get rid, move on.

It’s only a matter of time. He’s far too good for us. He’d get into every single Premier League team and I’d argue potentially every club in Europe.

I do not think so. We are third in the league and playing Champions League next season. So there are just two teams playing better than us. Would he want to get into a Spurs or Arsenal team currently, or any of the teams below them?

Wilf loves it here. Plus he's doing his Uni course in Leicester as well.

PSG can **** off back to their tin pot league.

I do not think so. We are third in the league and playing Champions League next season. So there are just two teams playing better than us. Would he want to get into a Spurs or Arsenal team currently, or any of the teams below them?
So that’s Liverpool, Man City, and teams in Europe then?

As ever with these things I’d rather he went to Europe and achieved great things than to someone else in the Prem.

As ever with these things I’d rather he went to Europe and achieved great things than to someone else in the Prem.

PSG is a shitty club in a shortly league with a shit chance of winning anything worthwhile.

Steer clear Wilf me duck

PSG is a shitty club in a shortly league with a shit chance of winning anything worthwhile.

Steer clear Wilf me duck

And yes, shortly leagues are the worst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472